X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Direct PC, directpc.com - Corona California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Antigo WI
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Direct PC, directpc.com 623 Shadybrooke Lane Suite 203 Corona, California U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I recently ordered a pc from direct pc they said they were sending it out on a friday

after two weeks of waiting and being ignored via email they finally responded after I threatened to report them for fraud they responded nicely full of apologies and false promises stating they're system "kicked my order out" even though they had charged my credit card and sent a resonse stating my system was sent out they also stated that even though they're system "kicked my order out" that they had somehow sent it to the wrong address

finally they stated my system would be sent out again on a wednesday to be received the next day on a thursday it never came after more emails and finally calling the business directly "they answer the business phone Hello" they stated that they meant next wednesday and when asked why wait a full week to ship it they stated that they were "rebuilding" my system so it will be in "perfect working order"!

well I emailed them cancelling the order and demanding a refund to my card then filed a dispute of charges on my card well they have responded twice now stating both times that they have issued a refund to my card after calling the credit card company I have found this to be FALSE and am currently fighting for a refund

I have reported them to the better business bureau of southland california DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU! We will bring them down eventually!

Adam
Antigo, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2002 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/direct-pc-directpccom/corona-california-92879/direct-pc-directpccom-ripoff-dishonest-ripoffs-screwed-others-too-fraud-business-corona-20984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
6Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#6 Consumer Suggestion

ADDRESS CONFIRMED!!!

POSTED: Tuesday, June 25, 2002

I have confirmed that DirectPC's address is the same. They have not moved. The agency which said they did ( Southland BBB ) was either lying or were lied to by DirectPC. The only difference is it is now "Apt 203" as opposed to "Ste 203". Not much of a change, is it?

As I've stressed before, do NOT buy anything from this company. They have greatly improved their e-mails i.e. better spelling, and Michael Mathews now includes his name. They have been made more professional looking. Do NOT be fooled. Remember, a broken down car doesn't run any better just because someone gives it a nice coat of paint.

Please email this company at sales@mydirectpc.com and urge them to resolve their outstanding debt. Tell them you know of their shady practice and let them know you will spread the message to others. Let them know anytime any family member, friend, co-worker or neighbor are looking to purchase a computer, you will warn them to steer clear of DirectPC in Corona, California. Tell them that if they wish to continue professing their innocence, they must prove themselves by returning my money.

If and when I receive my long overdue refund, I will post the news here for all to see. Otherwise, this case of unresolved thievery will remain for all the world to see, including their "customer" base in the U.S. If you do not see an update below posted by me stating I have received a refund, then you'll know I never did. DirectPC has a chance to rectify this situation.

They can refund the money and show that despite their incompentence and the inexcusable lengthy wait, they ultimately did the right thing and settled their debt. Or they can not refund the money, and show the world they are nothing more than common con men with computer know-how.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

FLY-BY-NIGHT COMPANY!!! YOUR HELP REQUESTED!

POSTED: Thursday, June 20, 2002

If anyone doesn't think Direct PC is a crooked company, here is the ultimate proof. It seems Direct PC has up and moved to an undisclosed location. They took their old address off the website (which is still up - hoping to attract "suckers" ) and do not post their new address. It seems that certain agencies were after them, so poof, they get a new address.

If anyone is aware of their new address, please post it here. If no one knows it then please do the following. Email them at sales@mydirectpc.com (it's still the same ), pretending to be a customer. Order an item. They'll give you an order form. Get the new address and cut and paste it here (or just post it). They are still in (ahem) "business" so they'll respond. Then just cancel the order (don't even send payment, naturally) or better yet, just cut communications with them like they do to "customers" after they've gotten their money.

This would be greatly appreciated and you would be doing your part in bringing a fraudulent fly-by-night company to justice.

P.S. - Phone number is the same. 909-898-9001. Our friends in California. Give them a call, be a customer. See what you can find out.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

POSTED: Tuesday, May 21, 2002

Hello, Adam and anyone who is reading this. I was also screwed over by DirectPC (see my rip-off report). I had the same problems, orders delayed in a suspicious manner, ignoring e-mails until I threatened reporting them for fraud, repeatedly promising and failing to deliver a refund.

I've been waiting since the end of February for my refund. Once they claimed they were sending it via registered mail and when I went to trace it found out they never sent it. You cannot trust anything they tell you.

Please do me a favor Adam. Go to the United States Postal Inspection service webpage, they have a printable mail fraud report. Print it out, fill it out and mail it along with photocopies of any evidence (invoice, credit card statement, correspondance from DirectPC,etc, etc.) and send it to the address on the form.

I have done this just recently. In fact they received it May 13th, 2002. That way, our two complaints together will help our case against DirectPC because 1.) The more complaints they receive about DirectPC, the more they'll need to investigate it. and 2.) Our reports will lend credibility to each others - that is, it's not just one person who got sleighted but two ( and most assuredly more we haven't heard from ). And yes, it is mail fraud. I've spoke with a U.S. Postal Service representative and they assured me the use of mail and/or internet to further a fraud scheme (also lying about sending or mailing items) is indeed mail fraud.

Also, Adam, contact the California State Attorney General, Bill Lockler. You can submit your complaint online or get the address to mail your complaint. Also, complain to the Wisconsin State Attorney General (I had contacted the Michigan State Attorney General as well) because the State Attorney General has the ability to go after a company based in another state if that company does business (especially fraudulent business) with customers in their own state, be it via the internet or mail order catalog, etc.

I'm glad you filed a report here, I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not glad you got cheated, I mean I'm glad I finally found one of DirectPC's other victims. I knew they were others out there but of course I had no way of searching them out. Hopefully, together we can get our money back. Perhaps we can find a way to provide each other mutual assitance.

P.S. - I'm sure the people you dealt with never gave you their names or the names of their supervisors. They certainly didn't give me their names. But I've found out the names of the "administrators" of DirectPC. You might want to include them in your mail fraud report as I did. Their names are ROBYN CHERNEY and MICHAEL MATHEWS.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#1 0

www.mydirectpc.com is a FRAUD!

AUTHOR: - ()

POSTED: Thursday, May 16, 2002

WWW.mydirectpc.com in corona california is a bogus scam website I repeat stay AWAY from www.mydirectpc.com.

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair