X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Don Baskin - Internet Tennessee

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Honestly Dissapointed — Rock and Hard Place
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Don Baskin 1870 Hwy 51 South Internet, Tennessee United States of America

Don Baskin Failed to follow through with agreed repairs. Sold Vehicle they had accepted down payment Internet, Tennessee

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Applied for financing through dealership.  Told I was pre approved for several different vehicles.  Drove four hours to inspect a vehicle.  Found one that needed multiple repairs.  Salesman told me they did not do any repairs till the truck was paid for in full.  Put a $2000 deposit on the vehicle.

Salesman promised the repairs would be done as soon as financing went through.  About ten working days later the money was wired to Don Baskin.  Salesman called me and said the truck had been sold the day before.  He then told me that the down payments are only good for seven days.  First I had heard of this.  They apologized and said they would make it up to me if I could find another vehicle on the lot.

So I drive another four hours to inspect another vehicle.  I decide to try once again.  They knocked off $2000 off a $48,000 vehicle.  (<5%).  This vehicle had a flat tire and several issues with the hydraulics.  The salesman agrees to take it to the shop and have them take care of everything (once payment is recieved in full).  So payment is sent.  Now he needs a day or two to get it scheduled into the shop.  I pick it up on a Saturday.

They close at noon, he told me to show up at 11:30am.  We show up at 11:00 am, Truck is ready to go, paperwork is done.  Drive the truck back four hours.  Truck engine and transmition are very strong.  However, after I get home and try the hydraulics, of course, most of the promised repairs were not done.  I expected as much after dealing with them and reading the reviews.  So first thing Monday moring the truck has to go into the shop for repairs.

So in short here are their business practices.  Everything will be sold as is, regardless of promised repairs.  Nothing gets worked on until payment is recieved in full.  Your down payment is only good for seven days.  However if another salesman gets ahold of cash, the seven days will probaly turn into five.  The trucks are sold as is, so good luck getting them to do anything they promised.  You would think a flat tire would be fixed before someone wanted to take it for a test drive.

The good.  Joe Carter was the finance manager that helped me.  This guy went above and beyond trying to make this transaction go through.  They have very good prices.  Looking at the market, they are pretty cheap.  They have alot to choose from.  However, since they dont fix anything, buyer beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2013 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/don-baskin/internet-tennessee-38019/don-baskin-failed-to-follow-through-with-agreed-repairs-sold-vehicle-they-had-accepted-1043068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair