X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Dove Ceilings - Lake Forest California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Huntington Beach California
  • Dove Ceilings 24551 Raymond Way Ste 115 Lake Forest, California U.S.A.

Dove Ceilings Failed to do proper prep & finished job looks real bad Ripoff Lake Forest California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: In Response

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I used Dove Ceilings because of their ad in the OC Register. The price was good and I wanted the pop-corn removed from my ceilings. They did an OK job with removal and mess, but they failed to put primer on the drywall to make the new texture stick. So now, if you use painters tape or even slightly bump it, it comes off easily and there is bare spots. It just doesn't stick well to the ceiling's drywall without primer. I talked to a contractor and he said you have to use primer or it won't stick.

Another thing I wasn't happy about was the hodge podge way they apply texture. They called it their "patented" way of applying texture. In truth, it's a boogie board on a stick and what happens is you get odd looking areas and patterns where it's too thick of texture, then you get thin spots or large, solid areas of flat spots. Very uneven and it looks like a 1st time home job. I didn't notice how unhappy I was with the job until the ceiling is painted. They don't paint, so you get that surprise later on. It looks very uneven and it shows many of the ceilings flaws. I was not happy with it at all and am now in contact with another ceiling company to REMOVE Dove's job. I have warned 3 people who had estimates from Dove and canceled, after hearing my results. I cannot suggest to my friends and family to use Dove for pop-corn removal. I'm in a real estate business and I tour many homes a week. You can stop a Dove job in a second. I just don't like how it looks and people have agreed with me. I only wished I went with another company, because I wasted $1,500+ on Dove and $1,500 to have Dove's job painted and it turned out bad. I don't even like to look up in my own house, because it just makes me mad to look at my own ceilings.

The mistake was not complaining sooner, but we delayed moving into the home for a few months and painting the ceiling. When it was painted, the house was still empty. Only when we moved in and you look up and see all the mistakes. Thin area, thick areas, odd patterns and just hodge podge. Again, I tell my friends, family, real estate clients and coworkers about my experience and I wouldn't go through the trouble, unless I care and want to prevent them from being very unhappy like I am. Now, I've got to pay another $3,000+ to have Dove's job removed and done correctly. I wish we could post multiple photos on this, because you'd agree if you saw home my ceilings look. It's not pretty.

Unhappy customer
Orange County, CA, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2005 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dove-ceilings/lake-forest-california-92630/dove-ceilings-failed-to-do-proper-prep-finished-job-looks-real-bad-ripoff-lake-forest-ca-151076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

In Response

AUTHOR: Mark Hacking - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, November 07, 2008
Dear Tim, Dove Ceilings, Inc, is no longer in business. It has been divided into 3 areas. I am the owner of the area covering Huntington Beach and would llike to address your problem. I have not been aware of your complaints until today. Please call me at 949 597 1794 so I can better understand and address your complaints. We try our best to have only satisfied customers and to do our best to
resolve any problems. Please give me a call. Mark

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair