X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Downtown Audio, Down Town Audio, Downtownauctions - Reisterstown Maryland

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Ashaway Rhode Island
  • Downtown Audio, Down Town Audio, Downtownauctions 11620 Reisterstown Road, Suite 435 Reisterstown, Maryland U.S.A.

Downtown Audio, Down Town Audio, Downtownauctions ebay Misleading Advertising Non-delivery of Goods or Services Unsatisfactory Service Unfulfilled Contracts Reisterstown Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Address is just a PO Box

*Consumer Comment: a Shady Operation

*Consumer Suggestion: Yea, the check is in the mail

*UPDATE Employee: Television Delivered

On February 28, 2003 I "verbally" entered into an agreement to purchase a Pioneer Elite 530HD from Downtown Audio. We agreed on a price for the TV, a warranty and Shipping/Handling. I sent them a Cashiers check in the amount of $3,632.50. During the converstion, they gave me an Order #, which they "NEVER" refer too when you call them for status. In fact, they cannot find the Order # I was given. Phony Order numbers must be another tactic to make consumers believe that they have a sound process for Order placement, and ultimately gain the consumers confidence in their Company.

I called them on Tuesday, March 3 to verify that they had received my cashier's check. I was told "yes, it was received this morning".

I then inquired about a delivery date. And here is where we sit 6 weeks later. I am still calling them every 2-3 days inquiring about the delivery.

If you talk too any # of different folks at that Company, you will get different excuses as too why they are unable to give a valid status for a shipping date. I have spoken to Al, Steve and Chris, and have been told that the item has not left the Manufacturer yet, the item is in the Downtown Audio warehouse, they don't know where the item is, please call back tomorrow.

Here is a scenerio that has happened to me on at least 10 occasions, and I can pretty much make it happen at any time.

Scenerio: It is 4PM Eastern and I call Downtown Audio for a Delivery Status.

Al, Steve, or Chris answeres the phone and asks me for my name and the item I ordered (They never ask for the Order# they gave me).

Then they ask, when did you place the Order?

After providing them with the info, they put me on hold.

They usually come back to the phone after a brief period and give one of the following responses:

1) I cannot get in touch with our warehouse at the moment.
2) Can I call you back in 15 minutes? "They never do".
3) We will be shipping this item ourselves because you are within our delivery range, call us in "2" days for an actual
delivery date/time. When I call them back, the response is
1-3 above.

Also, Al has told me that they have 4 other custumers waiting for the same unit to be deliverd to them.

A new tactic as of late is too ask me to call back around 5pm.
It used to be, "call us back at 2pm for a shipping #"

Note: they close at 5:30 and the phone does not get answered after 5:25pm.

I call back after 5pm and Al asks if he can call me back. Round and Round we go.... I call him back at 5:15pm and he says, let me call you back in 5 minutes. He does not call back and I call him at 5:25 only to receive a voice recording "Your party is out of the calling area, or the cell phone subsciber is not available"....

To this day, April 10, 2003 I am no closer to receiving this item than I was on March 3, 2003 and I am still receiving the same run around as detailed above.

Today I will request a total refund in the form of a cashiers check, irregardless of whether or not they were able to produce this item at my door step tomorrow! (Highly unlikely anyway)

It should also be noted that their website "still" lists the TV as "Available, usually ships the next business day"

It should also be noted that Downtown Audio or Downtownauctions (ebay name) "currently", as of today 4/10/2003, are auctioning the same exact item to some unsuspecting consumer!!!

Ebay auction:

Edward
Ashaway, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2003 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/downtown-audio-down-town-audio-downtownauctions/reisterstown-maryland-21136/downtown-audio-down-town-audio-downtownauctions-ebay-misleading-advertising-non-deliver-52352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Address is just a PO Box

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, October 24, 2004
The "Suite" listed in their address is just a post office box at a private post company. This company regularly portrays themselves as dealers for the brand I work for, which is utterly false. They rely on third parties to get a product AFTER you order it, usually Uncles Stereo, which voids most warrantys.

a Shady Operation

AUTHOR: Sunny - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, July 29, 2003
I've purchased and PAID for a subwoofer and they never sent it to me. They told me they had it in stock and will get to me in THREE days. Wow, that 3 days turned into a month with excuses after excuses after excuses of why they never sent it out. I get excuses from Al, Kevin, Chris - all say they will get back to me, but they never do and I end up calling them back. They said they will take care of me with discounts/store credit ( do they even have a store? I have no idea!). And each time, they say they don't have this one in stock, but we have this one so you can upgrade to the bigger subwoofer (just their way of stealing more money from me in my opinion.) It is standard business to not bill for the invoice until item is ship. Apparently, they don't operate like this. Tracking number please! Never can they give this out even after one month. So in short these guys are CROOKS. Getting credit for the item they were suppose to ship was a hassle so I just ended up getting my credit card to deal with downtownaudio....what a joke this operation is! Beware of them...in ebay as downtownauction as well.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Yea, the check is in the mail

AUTHOR: Danny - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, June 28, 2003
A satisfied customer huh? If he's so satisfied then why did he have to complain?
You sound like a bunch of crooks to me.

Television Delivered

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, June 07, 2003
We apologized for the long delay. At that time, of the customers complaint this Television was back ordered. As of the current time this tv has been delivered to the customer to his full satisfaction, and he was issued an instore credit.

To the customer: We appreciate your business,
and we hope you shop with us again soon.