X  |  CLOSE

• Reported By: pissedoffinfriscoTX — Frisco Texas
  • Drees Builders 211 Grandview Dr, Fort Mitchell, Kentucky USA

Drees Builders Drees lack of quaility workmanship Fort Mitchell Kentucky

*Consumer Comment: AC sweating pipes & mold

I don't even know where to start in owning a Drees home in Frisco, Texas as the second owner. I will say the home was built in the year 2000.

I've tried dealing with their customer service department but they hide behind their 10 year warranty. Granted, I completely agree when it comes to simple wear and tear or an act of God. The onerous is on me. However, when it comes to flat out negligence then I have every right to be pissed off.

But, let me clue you in as to what's been going on in my Drees home and you make the decision if you want to own one. I know I'll never own another Drees monstrosity or be reimbursed for the issues I've experienced, however I need to inform others.

1. I couldn't understand why cold air was coming up through the down vent of the cooktop stove. Removing the outside vent to look inside and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. the outside vent pipe was off center by 4 inches, the inside vent was never attached to the outside vent and everything was venting inside the wall. I fixed it myself.
How the hell did that pass inspection?

2. The breakfast nook area tiles started to popup. At first I thought we had a foundation issue which is common in Frisco, Texas. I had a tile guy come out and when they removed some of the tiles they found that the mastic was powdery, meaning it wasn't mixed properly from the beginning. $500.00 to repair.

3. Second story bathroom drain which runs down the wall in the garage was leaking into the garage. I opened the wall to see why it was leaking and I can see the 3 or 4 inch drain line and it's leaking at the concrete level. I called a plumber to come out and investigate. What he found was truly amazing.

There was a wall stud that came along side the drain pipe and it was toe nailed to a bottom board. When they built the house they drove nails not one but two into the drain pipe and left it. What's even better they new they did it because they used what looked like a whole tube of clear silicone all around the pipe and wood stud. The nails finally rusted out and it started leaking. Why wasn't this caught by inspectors? This cost $450.00 to repair.

4. Second story bathtub is over the kitchen. The ceiling started getting the brown stain of a leak. I called the same plumber and he came out and opened the ceiling and found that the P-trap was never glued on one side and it finally broke loose. What happened to the pressure test? Inspector? This was $500.00 to repair not including ceiling repair..

5. While my wife and I were outside gardening we saw water coming out between the foundation and brick siding. Called a plumber and they found a leak on the hot water side in the laundry room. They had to tunnel under the house 6ft to get to the pipe. When they found the problem, whom ever laid the copper line kinked the line and this is were it failed. This caused $15,000 in damages. $3500 deductible

6. When I mean the onerous is on me. We found that the builders dishwasher that they put into every home had a recall notice. I only found out about this when I looked up the model number and serial number on the Whirlpool website. They put a heating element for a stainless steel tub into a plastic tub model. This leak must have been going on for some time. This caused $20,000 in damage of which I paid my deductible of $3000.

Not a builder issue as you can understand. My insurance company sued Whirlpool for me and the insurance company got some of their money back as well as my deductible. I see Mr Dress talking on his website about how Drees builds homes with the "utmost quality and integrity". He may want to change his video.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2014 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/drees-builders/fort-mitchell-kentucky-41017/drees-builders-drees-lack-of-quaility-workmanship-fort-mitchell-kentucky-1114749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AC sweating pipes & mold

AUTHOR: Twbod - (USA)

POSTED: Monday, September 14, 2015

I am the second owner of a Drees home in Cedar Park Texas. The house was originally completed in 2011, so it is 4 years old.  We have been living in the house since April 2015. During the first 2 months of living here, one of the AC units begain repeatedly freezing up. This caused water to begin dripping from one of the ceilings.  I had the AC unit and ceiling repaired at my own expense.

In August I found two serious infestations of mold in the walls (in totally different areas of the house from from the initial AC freezing problem). The only reason these were found is because the inside of the cabinets next to these areas is covered in fuzzy green mold.  I am in the early stages of trying to determine the source(s) of water issues and mold remediation. Drees has been notified.

I would like to contact the person who posted this complaint to determine how Drees handled the complaint and to see if they got any attorney's involved.

TWbod.