X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: DRIVE FINANCIAL SERVICES - DALLAS Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: DALLAS Texas
  • DRIVE FINANCIAL SERVICES 8585 NORTH STEMMONS FREEWAY SUITE 1100N DALLAS, Texas U.S.A.

I am not only a customer of drive financial BUT A FORMER EMPLOYEE. I must tell everyone who will heed my warning...they are crooked inside and out. They have a class action lawsuit from the collectors, they will LIE,HARASS,CURSE,AND VIOLATE STATE LAW. I sent all payments via certified mail and collectors have called me and cursed at me AND my references but THEY have CASHED the checks. I filed a complaint with the BBB and in writing they stated "we do not accept payments at our physical address....she must be mistaken." However, I sent copies directly to THE "Presidents Office" and my payments were mailed and cashed at the physical site. And yet, I have a tow truck driver threatening my friends and family - fraudently stating they are with "the DALLAS POLICE DEPARTMENT"...(the tow truck drivers name is Richard). They call residents who have with out fail stated "DO NOT CALL ME ANYMORE" AND THEY even went so far to say "DANA HASN'T PAID HER CAR NOTE IN MONTHS SHE OWES 2 THOUSAND DOLLARS" and then they proceeded to inform this person of all my PERSONAL INFORMATION. Social, DOB, Last address and phone number. Luckily, this person DIDN'T KNOW ME and called me (BY THE # DRIVE GAVE THEM) to tell me. PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DRIVE!!

DANA
DALLAS, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2006 08:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/drive-financial-services/dallas-texas-75240/drive-financial-services-ripoff-predatory-lending-former-employee-dallas-texas-174890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Sad to think bad practices are not forming new laws to protect the consumer

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, March 16, 2006
I have used Rip-off report to complain about other companies, and it has helped in the issue in the past.

Now about Drive Financial. I have a family memeber who sadly to say has them for a car loan company. The loan started in 05 of 2005 and it was for a car for her daughter. The payments have been made in full each and every month, main payed out in money orders, except for the month of Nov. 2005. However the following month after, the payment for December was made and she is legally only one month behind and has asked for a deferment for that one payment, to only meet with the company rude and double talk in this matter. She has even wrote to one of the main managers, and he wrote back in answer that if she still has any more problem with any of the departments in such matters to contact him directly. As soon as she received his letter, her following month payment bill never was mailed out, so she copied an old bill and mailed out her following payment so not to get more behind. She even when as far as to go to her bank to verify two payments she made with personal checks to see if they had been paid, because she noticed on her bill on Dec. 2005 that they were showing as if she was more then two payments behind and showed her current monthly bill as well, and this maked her bill appear as if she needs to mail in three payments. She has proof from her bank both checks cleared and got a print out proving it. Also she maintain all money order studs as well. Less then 3 weeks from getting a letter from a head manager she then got a "Final Notice" In this notice they stated she need to pay two full car payments.

The main issue is that Drive Financial refuses to work with her on one late payment. Drive financial has even called me looking for her and openly told me things about her personal account in which legally is wrong and I was not by law allowed to even hear or be told about. They even have called her job and told her boss about why they are calling, which again gave out her personal informations. The tactics of this company is that they have one person in their office tell you they will work with you, and hours later a new person in their office will call and tell you they are not working with you, and refuse to honor any agreement prior to their phone call. In her "final Notice" it was dated 02/07/06, and you will think this means this is the date the letter was typed and mailed. Oddly enough in the content of this letter it was stated that of 02/09/06 " As of 2/09/06, we have not yet received your payment(s). This letter is an attempt to collect that debt." So which it Drive Financial, was this a mistake on your part, or don't you re-read your "standard final notice forms" Also there are no names at the bottom of this "ever so important document" and it was mailed out in a pre-sorted stamped envelope and it took over 16 days to get to my sister's home. It was not mailed certified nor looked important till you opened it. By the time my sister got it, more than half a month had past for her to give her any extra time to write a rebuttual that their facts were not right. It is a known fact one has 30 days to put in writting if you don't agree to the noted statement in a letter no not be correct.

One question I shall air out, if anyone has any, and I mean any knowledge about any civil class action against Drive Financial for the state of California, it would be very much valued if you could notify us in this matter.

Class action Law suit??

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Dana are you reporting on this post that drive financial has a class action law suit pending? If so please advise the attorney and his or her whereabouts so others may join the class action suit against these thieves and crooks..