Complaint Review: Dropbox - San Francisco California

• Reported By: Anonymous — Darien Connecticut
  • Dropbox

San Francisco, California
    USA

Dropbox Beware of Dropbox...Credit Card Company Claims they can not block their charges because of VISA / MC policies San Francisco California

Cancelling my Dropbox account has proved to be more difficult that I imagined and the credit card company said that their monthly charges can not be blocked due to VISA and MC policies for their particular type of company...I don't know what that means...but it was very upsetting to find that this company, once it has your credit card number may keep charging you despite you request for cancellation. I am currently listed a "free member" but they are charging me 9.95 per month. I will  resort to calling their main number in SF that is not listed on their website to try to resolve this. But be careful with this company. You will find that the process to cancel an account is multisteped, convoluted and their instructions do not cooinside with the user experience on their site.

Example of convoluted way you must change an account see attached.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2013 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dropbox/san-francisco-california/dropbox-beware-of-dropboxcredit-card-company-claims-they-can-not-block-their-charges-b-1072727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content