Complaint Review: DSW - Tucson Arizona

• DSW
    6251 S Wilmot
    Tucson, Arizona
    United States of America

DSW HDS/DSW Lied to our Faces and sold us a truck that had been rolled over and in 2 wrecks Tucson, Arizona

My husband was a company driver for DSW for 6 months when they told him he would make much more money buying a truck from them and being an owner op, from 30 cents an hour to over a dollal plus fuel surecharge. Your payments will only be 515 a week and put in 10 % for maintainance acct. Linda ( Doug Pralls sales rep ) said she had a great truck coming in and we should go look at it, it was covered in mud but we looked at what we could and said we'd come back the next day - in which she told us you better hurry I have someone else waiting to get this truck. While we were hurrying through the paperwork she mentioned something that you can be held responsible for the rest of the truck if you turn it in, I said under what reasons, she said its really a gray area and gave me an exapmle of " well ne guy turned his truck in and I found out the next day he was going to another trucking company,he was held responsible.
  The next day we went back and asked Linda for the Carfax report. She said they dont have those for trucks. I said oh yes they do and this truck had 5 incidents on it, when she asked what they were we said we did not see it all because it cost $40 and would the company please pay and bring it up for us. She refused. We asked her has this truck ever been in any accidents, well she wasn't sure she didn't have the maintaiance report with her. So we asked her to print it up.She said it would take her 3 days, just the amount of time it would take them to get the truck ready if my husband signed the paperwork right now. (As he had been out of work and we had faith he signed the paper ) Three days later we asked for the report, sorry I didn't get to it, it will take me 3 days I'll get it to you when you get back. My husband made it as far a the terminal in Phoenix when he asked a maitaince me if they could print him out a report, sure no problem. They sent him on his run, the truck broke down several times in 3 weeks, occasionally over the same reason. During his waiting time he read the thick maintainace report from SWIFT, and found out not only has the truck been in several accidents, but it has also been rolled over slid 75 feet into water. During this time every repair DSW was charging my hisband for them all. When he got back to DSW and finally got their maintaince report, it did not match and didn't mention a thing about it being rolled over! I asked Linda " if you are selling something shouldn't you have to know the history on it?" she said " well we got 120 trucks I can't keep track of them all. She and Doug Prall denied ever even knowing the truck had been rolled over, when we showed them a copy of the police report, he just said well you know wometimes people exaggerate. The cops are lying? They didn't actually have to shut down the highway? You mean to tell me Doug Prall never knew that his 6 month old truck had been rolled over?
  MY husband drove that truck for 2 months, he grossed 30,000$ - Doug Prall kept everything except just under $3,000 which is what we got paid, and he said the rest was truck payment and maitance fees.
  My husband wanted to be fair and told Doug , if you apply my payments and return my maintaince account money to a newer truck lets call it even. Doug said no, but I can put 500$ back in your maintaince account or you can go drive for someone else.At that point my husband said then I am turniing the truck in and we walked out. We went to an attorney an paid him $200 to send a letter of demand. I asked the attorney, what happens if they dont pay ( we wanted our $10,000 back we were over charged and time lost, which we had paperwork for ) - the lawyer replied "thats a long way away I am sure it wont come to that, and if it does  I would need an $800 retainer". He gave them 45 days to reply, their reply was you can give us 12,000$ or we can give you nothing. Appalled we called the attorney and he said he would need a $10,000 retainer to do anything else.
  My husband having been out of work now for 3 months called Doug and got his job back as a company driver, although Dough told him probably in 4 months we will send you to some other company because of the differences we have had in the past. My husband is a great driver and get almost 3000 miles a week, his first week back they gave him 1000 miles and spent most of the time in the shop. I know he only hired him back because he is afraid we'd sue him like others have before. Everything I have mentioned here I have in paperwork to back up any documentation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2010 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dsw/tucson-arizona-85706/dsw-hdsdsw-lied-to-our-faces-and-sold-us-a-truck-that-had-been-rolled-over-and-in-2-wreck-554449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content