X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: DVD MD - Beijing Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Kelowna British Columbia
  • DVD MD P.O. Box 101300-09 , Xinshun Post Office, Shunyi District Internet China, People's Republic of

DVD MD Sells questionable DVD sets - poor quality or bootleg Beijing Internet

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I purchased two box sets from this website despite my suspicions about their low prices. They have a statement in coloured bold letters on their website that says "We do not sell bootleg DVDs" so I assumed this was the truth. After a very long wait for my DVD sets to ship, I finally received them.

First, the outer packaging looked totally fine. Upon opening them however, I found the DVDs were placed inside cheap, plastic DVD sleeves that can be bought at any stationary store. All of the discs had strange blotches on their playing surfaces along with a small dab of sticky glue on the inside edge. The edges were warped and I had trouble playing several of them on either of my DVD players (one of which is brand new). There was skipping and missing data on several of the discs.

The packaging has strange typos on it as well. For example, Warner Brothers is spelled "Warne Brothers" and civil and criminal penalties is spelled "civi and criminal penalties". The outer box looks as if it has been mangled so that the DVDs would fit inside in their plastic sleeves.

All of this leads me to believe that this website is misleading its customers into thinking they are getting quality, original DVD sets for amazing low prices, when they are really getting bootleged or inferior quality ones. In any case, I would not recommend that anyone purchase DVDs from this site as their business practices seem questionable at best. The prices seem great, but they are too good to be true. Cheap DVDs are nice but not if they might be bootlegged and not if they don't even work.

Kelkoa
Kelowna, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2009 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dvd-md/internet/dvd-md-sells-questionable-dvd-sets-poor-quality-or-bootleg-beijing-internet-476080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair