X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: East Shore Athletic Club - Revere Massachusetts

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Tani — Beverly Massachusetts United States of America
  • East Shore Athletic Club 321 Charger Street Revere, Massachusetts United States of America

East Shore Athletic Club Scam artists- membership sales reps use fake credit card numbers to gain memberships and victim gets collection threat Revere, Massachusetts

In June of 2009, my friend and I were at the Square One Mall in Saugus, MA and were stopped by some guys who had a kiosk for the purpose of getting members to East Shore Athletic Club. They offered us a good deal for 12 months, and we signed up. However, the salesman never asked for a credit card. Said we don't need one.
We signed the agreement and there were no payment methods listed on the agreement. It only stated the monthly price ($29.99 a month) and the typical disclaimers, etc.

Well, we were excited with the offer and went on our way.
I never went to the gym, but last week I received a letter from them claiming that I owe almost $300 in membership dues. And they enclosed a copy of the signed agreement. GET THIS: Someone wrote a credit card number on it, authorizing it to be billed monthly.  I don't even use credit cards!
I am thinking that the salesman was trying to get commission and listed a false CC number on my membership agreement.

I called the gym and was told that the lady in charge of billing was not there. I have not yet been able to reach her.
I would stay away from this place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2010 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/east-shore-athletic-club/revere-massachusetts-/east-shore-athletic-club-scam-artists-membership-sales-reps-use-fake-credit-card-numbers-624120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair