X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: EAuction Success.com - Salt Lake City Utah

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: glen head New York
  • EAuction Success.com 230 W 400 St Ste 400 Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-271-4648
  • Web:
  • Category: Tutoring

EAuction Success.com slime balls ripped me off - ebay scam began at 1.95 ended up stealing money from me Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Comment: You people never learn....

*Consumer Comment: e-bay success system ripped me off too!

*Author of original report: Ebay scam 1.95, get your money back-

I ordered an information "kit" for 1.95, a few days later there was the 49.00 charge from my bank that I never authorized. When I called the bank they said there was nothing they could do since the charges already went thru, and they can only block future charges if I cancel. I am burning up, they said I ordered, I told them I never got any trial anything, and that I called the next day bla bla bla, I guess I have to cancel my credit card.
They are slimeballs preying on people like me who have been laid off or whatever in this economy who are just trying to stay above water.

Paul
glen head, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2009 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/eauction-successcom/salt-lake-city-utah-84101/eauction-successcom-slime-balls-ripped-me-off-ebay-scam-began-at-195-ended-up-stealing-468074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

You people never learn....

AUTHOR: ReactorCore - (Canada)

POSTED: Monday, August 03, 2009
If it's too good to be true, it is.

*sigh*....

Look, do the math in your heads, it's too damned simple:

These people are offering a CD for a total cost of $1.95? What's WRONG with that picture right off the bat?

That $1.95 will NOT cover the CD + postage + the man hours required to produce the CD, PLUS the wages to cover the obvious amount of employees they have manning a service center, mailroom, etc., so...

HOW DO YOU THINK THEY"RE GOING TO MAKE MONEY?

If they JUST sold a CD with a "potential" of making money like you thought, they'd be bleeding C-Bills like blood from a severed artery! They'd be in business less than a day! No one is going to go through a hassle like that so you can "get rich quick" (which is what you wanted to do, right?)

Didn't it seem the LEAST bit suspicious to you that the price was THAT low? Or that the ONLY methods of payment were by credit card (no money orders or bank drafts)? For something THAT low priced, if it was a FACE VALUE price, they should take a simple money order, but no, they don't.

In the rush to MAKE.MONEY.FAST., or "get rich quick", people are overlooking the most basic of red flags on this crap... and don't get me wrong, I DO believe it's CRAP, but people ignore the warning signs anyway in hopes that they're getting in on the "ground floor of a good thing". However, you'll be hard pressed to find anything like that anymore, especially when it's touted all over the internet in various forms. Literally THOUSANDS of people are mulling over the same "offer" at the same time as you!

There's this eBay kit one, there's one for access to government grants, even one for making money working for Google... all with "testimonials" (and why is only their FIRST NAME given in the testimonial? Who you can't contact? RED FLAG!) with pictures people holding checks. THEY'RE ALL THE SAME! You can go to all these sites that offer this type of scheme and you'll quickly realize that they're pretty much cookie cutter copies of each other... Seriously, try it! Right up to the point where you're asked for your CC # (of course, don't enter any), then *try to leave the page*... I'll wager any amount that you'll get a pop up begging you to reconsider and claiming that your "kit cannot be held for more than X amount of time".. Another HUGE red flag, people! "Limited time offer!", "ACT NOW!", "Don't let this opportunity get away!" These are huckster terms. Ones we would recognize easily if spoken to our face.

Again though, it takes two to tango, and if people weren't so eager to believe that they can make gobs of cash and thinking that they can do so with little or no effort, with minimal payout for maximum return, these sleazes wouldn't be able to set up shop.

I've never stuck around these sites long enough to read their "fine print", but you can bet your a*s six ways to Sunday that they have those additional payments on your CC *covered* with a thick coat of legalese. They may be modern day snake oil salesmen, but I'll wager they're not that transparently stupid. They're not going to give up this sweet, sweet cash cow over some easily avoided legal stumbling block like "unauthorized charges".

And THAT'S something you can take to the bank!

e-bay success system ripped me off too!

AUTHOR: Nyonna - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, August 02, 2009
I too authorized a $1.95 charge to my card for a cd-rom, supposedly giving me a basic overview of the system. Shortly after I placed my order, someone from the company called me, to "see if I qualified for a personal support team." He started asking me questions that sounded alarmingly like someone phishing for personal information to hijack my identity. When I wouldn't give him any specifics, he said that I didn't sound like I was serious about the program. A couple of weeks later, my credit card company informed me that I had some suspicious charges that had been appearing since I purchased the cd-rom. I couldn't believe the audacity of these people. I 've sent off for information from other work-at-home programs, and while they might have made fraudulent claims, they didn't try to rip me off like this one.

Ebay scam 1.95, get your money back-

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, July 11, 2009
When I got no help from them or the bank (by phone) the next day I went
straight to my bank branch, I thought I had to cancel my checking account because the charge was on my debit card. But no, they were very helpful (Wachovia) and they explained I can cancel my debit card and it wont effect my checking acount, they gave me a temporary debit card to use. Then we called the fraud department and kept it real simple - I DIDNT AUTHORIZE THIS CHARGE!" short and sweet, and true. The bank teller had a similar thing happen to her and they see it all the time. Dont let these slime balls get a dime from you.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair