X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: EBay - Denver Colorado

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Ridgecrest California
  • EBay P.O. Box 17150 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

EBay ripoff, I have sent account payment in 2 times...they cashed it and cancelled my acct. consumer rip-off fraud Denver Colorado

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I have been an ebayer for only a few months...When my first account payment was due..I did just what I was suppose to. I printed up my payment coupon..and sent a us postal money order to them. I sent it on the 5th of may and it was due on the 15th of may..Well by the 15th of May they hadn't recieved it...and at this time they began harassing emails to cancel my account and charge me late fees. I tried emailing them several times to explain that I had already sent payment..Their response was always "sorry we haven't recieved it"...

So I resent payment by another us postal money order. This time I sent it "registered mail"..well according to my tracking number they have recieved the payment again..and they still haven't acknowledged it...They still sent me reminders to pay them and tell my that I will remain suspended until I pay them. Ebay is a complete Rip Off and they are very unethical..I am very interested in hearing from others who have been ripped of by ebay like I have.. I am very interested in a "class action" suit agains them..I really need the help of some lawyers etc. who would be interested on a contingancy basis to help me..

As I have exhausted every resource I know to cooperate or contact ebay..I will not be bullied into making yet another payment to them and have them cash my US Postal Money orders and then deny recieving payment..

Kevin
Ridgecrest, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2003 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ebay/denver-colorado-80217/ebay-ripoff-i-have-sent-account-payment-in-2-timesthey-cashed-it-and-cancelled-my-acct-59224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#4 Consumer Suggestion

POSTED: Friday, October 17, 2003
All money orders come with a stub on them. You're supposed to fill out the stub and keep it for your records. These stubs also have a customer service number and an identifying number on them.If you call the customer service number and request a trace put on the money order, they can track and find out when and if the money order was cashed. They can also find out who cashed it. I don't know what they do if it wasn't cashed. I do know I have done this on several occasions to verify a payment that wasn't credited to an account. The data entry department of large companies make mistakes.The data is entered by humans and we humans make mistakes. Sometimes they credit a payment to the wrong account.This is probably what happened to your payments.

Usually a company can track where the payment was posted by the Id numer of the money order.Data entry should have put that into the system and they should be able to look it up by that number. It could take several weeks to track the payment. But it sounds like it's taking several weeks to straighten out any way.

Hopefully this information will help you find out what happened to the money orders. I'd start with the customer service number listed ont he money order stubs. You need to make sure the money orders were even cashed first. Be sure to let E-bay know you're tracing your payments to find out where they went. They should be able to put the collections efforts on hold for a little while. Be sure to ask them how long it's on hold if they don't volunteer the information to you.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#1 Consumer Suggestion

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair