X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Ebay.com - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Albany Oregon
  • Ebay.com www.ebay.com Internet U.S.A.

Ebay.com Account supension for shill bidding, and still paying for it! California Internet

*Author of original report: Ebay "power seller

*Consumer Comment: Not my expierience

Yet another Ebay ripoff! These guys decided to suspend my account for "shill" bidding because a person that lived in the same town decided to bid on one of my items.

So what does Ebay do. Suspend my account with several of my auctions currently running and all bieng bid on. Than they have the nerve to tell me that I will be paying for thoes auctions.

Maby its just me, but i believe that there is something in our laws about paying for a service that you never recieved (AKA Advance fee fraud)

So now to takeing care of the problem, You could talk to someone online realtime, but all you will get there is a canned responce, you could contact them via Email, once again.....canned responce if your lucky to get one back. Or you could call there customer service line. Only do the last if you want a good laugh at the human ability to know absolutely nothing.

Now to what I am doing about it. Ebay wanted to point a finger but forgot that they had a couple pointing back. So here goes the smear campaign. My goal is to take at least 1 customer/seller from ebay for every 10 that they have, and in hopes that will compound to an enourmous ammount.

In closeing, If you have thought about selling on Ebay and you still want to do it feel free. Just make sure that you sell your items to people that arent close to you, because we all know that everyone that lives in every town knows ever person that lives there with an Ebay account.

Sam
Albany, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2006 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ebaycom/internet/ebaycom-account-supension-for-shill-bidding-and-still-paying-for-it-california-internet-180958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Ebay "power seller

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, March 16, 2006
I was by no means an Ebay "power seller" but i did have 5 positive with a few more that were comeing. Basicly 100% rateing.

And I had one buyer that was in the same town that I am in that bought 2 items from me, and his acct is also suspended for the same reason. (I had contacted him via email).

Ebays rebuttal to this after I asked them exactly what the reson was for this supension is below.

To avoid even the appearance of this activity, family members and
individuals living together, working together or sharing a computer, may
not bid on each other's items. Although the account will remain
temporarily suspended, we look forward to your reinstatement and hope
that your future experiences on eBay will be pleasant and successful.

Regards,

Daishaun
Senior SafeHarbor Support Representative
eBay Trust & Safety

Are they saying that were on the same computer! The same IP! Honestly I think someone got outbid on something and they dident like it, so they decided to throw a accusation, but thats just a hunch on my part.

Not my expierience

AUTHOR: Daniel - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, March 14, 2006
I sell and buy on ebay, and have both sold to and bought from people in my local area. I have not experienced this problem. I wonder if most of your sales have been local sales to trigger this, or if you have a low feedback rating? What is the number of feedbacks that you have? What is your percentage of positive feedback? How many sales are local?