X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: EBGAMES & MICROSOFT - STAMFORD Connecticut

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Stamford Connecticut
  • EBGAMES & MICROSOFT STAMFORD TOWN CENTER 100 GREYROCK PL #D132 STAMFORD, Connecticut U.S.A.

EBGAMES & MICROSOFT Cheated my 16 yr old son out of refund or fair exchange. STAMFORD Connecticut

*UPDATE Employee: I apologize fro the inconvenience

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
My son purchase a New X-box360 cordless headset from EB Games on Nov 2 2007 For $59.99. He open the package and proceeded to set up the headset on Friday night. He notice that the headset had poor clarity and he could not hear well in them he say a echo sound he could hear. His friends told him on line that it sound like he was talking with his mouth cover up.

He proceeded to let me know he wanted to return them and get another type of headsets that was not wireless because the quality of the wirless was a disappointment.

On Nov 5th afterschool he went back to EB-Games to return the headsets and the manager told him she could not give him a full refund on the product because it was open. She offer him a even exchange for another wireless headset he decline. He told her he would rather have the one with the wire connected to them. She said she would only be able to give him back eighteen dollars in credit toward the purchase of the other item plus he had to paid three-dollar more for the item.

I was appalled when I heard about this. I got off from work and took my son back to EB games and ask to speak to a manager. This young lady said she was the manager. I explain to her that we had brought a 59.99 item and was not satifiy with the clarity in the product. She told me she had waited on my son for the return and that the item was open so she had to follow the return policy. On the receipt it states 7-days for refund or exchange for open products. I told her how would you know on this type of product if it works to your satitisfaction with out open the product first. She told me she could not doing any thing about this.

I them ask for her supervisor names she told me she could not give out that information. I them ask for the owner name there must be someone over her. She told the owner name is John Rezza: District Manager. She proceeded to take my name and number and told me she would e-mail the manger to call me. Well today is Nov 7th and I had not heard from EB Games.

I took upon myself to try to find out a consumer compalin address for Microsoft, But I try the number posted on Back of the product line and I got no help there also. I can't belive that Microsoft would be in the business with EB GAMES TO RIP OFF A COSUMER FOR A UNSATIFACTORY PRODUCT.

The botton lines is my son brought a sixty dollar item went to exchange the product and end up only receving eighteen dollar back and them had to pay three dollar more to make the additional purchase.

Ann
Stamford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2007 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ebgames-microsoft/stamford-connecticut-06901/ebgames-microsoft-cheated-my-16-yr-old-son-out-of-refund-or-fair-exchange-stamford-conn-283524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I apologize fro the inconvenience

AUTHOR: Ghost_8888 - (Canada)

POSTED: Tuesday, March 25, 2008
I'm sorry Ms. that your son had a bad experience with your headset. But as a manager of an Eb Games, I don't see how your return wouldn't be valid. We don't rip people off. We follow the policy and guidelines of any corporate business with we are now a fortune 500 company. However, that aside, you have specifically 7 days to process a return of your purchased merchandise. It should be state by the employee and the store policy if your item is defective it will be replaced for the same item or if we are sold out we can refund your transaction on credit. Only with the exception of the manager, which should be understanding but its not always possible can he fully refund you.

You are entitled to a exchange with the other headset and the balance can go on a gift card. That would be the best solution. However, you can have the mgr refund you completely if its not possible in any other ways. If the mgr refuses, you can call customer support and they will contact and force the store to do it as long as your claim is valid. The DM is not to be disturbed unless a complaint is filled against the store mgr. If you think that he is not helpful, compliant and you really think that he's not treating you well, than filled a complaint of the store mgr and they should be willing to process your return. on another note, not all mgr are bad, you can return your item in any EB Games in the country.

Good luck

AUTHOR: Crazy - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, January 14, 2008
I believe that your point is made clear that you are upset with the fact that your son lost his money because your son did not read about the product before buying it. Also when you look at the receit maybe you could read that the 7 days claim is only on used products. Or maybe you could have realized that when typing you might try proof reading it because when you confused 'them' and 'then' more than 5 times i begin to lose respect and concern for the person writting the complaint.

But yes you might have a case when you are able to get in contact with Microsoft. Of course they are going to take the time out of their busy schedual and tell you that their policy is that they will replace the product for the same product if it is defective. So you can ship them the product (at your own cost) and have them ship you another one. Even though this will get you the exact same effect as the store, atleast you will be able to raise you head high knowing that you were able to avoid going into that store and give up on your morals. This is because your son did not understand the agreement he made when buying it and your description of the problem leaves all the blame on your end. So good luck and I hope you are able to make lots of money in your claim. Have a wonderful day.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair