X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: EBI - Philadelphia Pennsylvania

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Cheyenne Wyoming
  • EBI P.o. Box 8500-41335 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

EBI A Biotech Company Gross overcharge for product provided thru a physician Philadelphia Pennsylvania

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
After an out patient procedure on my shoulder, staff provided me with an arm sling, and heatable/chillable pouch and holder. I did not realize a third party would be billing me for these items.

Sometime later I recieved a bill from EBI for $385.00!! The statement said it was for an Ambulite velpeau immobilizer (a cheap arm sling), and a Universal cryo shoulder wrap (the hot/cold pack and holder).

I found that I could have purchased the above two items at local stores for about $45.00!!

This is truley a ripoff. We wonder why healthcare and insurance is ridiculous? Companies such as EBI are part of are healthcare dilemma. Someone is getting very wealthy by having the products given to unsuspecting patients just out of surgery.

Make sure you inquire as to cost and the company of anything given to you. EBI reps found my complaints amusing and simply said pay up. This is a gig the mafia would love!!

Jack
Cheyenne, Wyoming

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2008 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ebi/philadelphia-pennsylvania-19178-1335/ebi-a-biotech-company-gross-overcharge-for-product-provided-thru-a-physician-philadelphia-366957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair