X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Eichenbaum & Stylianou, L.L.C. - Paramus New Jersey

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Lindenwold New Jersey
  • Eichenbaum & Stylianou, L.L.C. 10 Forest Avenue, Suite 300 Paramus, New Jersey U.S.A.
  • Phone: 201-368-1435

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I owned a credit card which included a fee for a policy of payment coverage insurance that was added to my invoice each month. The account held a balace of approximatelt $1,600.00. While this account was open and active, I was stricken with very serious illness and became completely disabled and could not work. I submitted a request to file a claim for the insurance coverage with my following billing. I received no billing whatsoever for the next to months.

On the third month, I recived a collection letter, which informed me that my account had acquired substantial penalties, and late fees during the past three month period. I immediately called the phone number on the notice, and explained my situation. I was then inform that "we are a collection servie - we don't handle the insurance". I called the credit card company and was told "we can't handle your problem, because this account went to collections." I made a copy of my insurance request, and mailed it to the payment office, and demanded that they fix the problem immediately. I heard nothing more for the next three months.

I then recived a letter from the Law Office of Eichenbaum & Stylianou, L.L.C., in which they informed me that my account had again acquired substantial fees and penalties over the past three months. I contacted the Law firm immediately and pleaded with them to help me fix this mess. They, as well, informed me that "We are a collector, and cannot help."

It was only about two weeks later that I received a summons and complaint from the law firm. I filed an Answer with the Court, with in allowed time, in which I advised of all circumstances that I have been subjected to, which led to this law suit.

I was notified of a hearing date by the Court. Two weeks prior to the scheduled hearing, I received a phone call from the law office at which time they advised me that they needed to postpone the hearing, because they intended to proceed with the discovery process.

Approximately two weeks later, I received a package in the mail which included Interrogatories, as well as a Notice to Produce Documents. I complied with their requests, and forwarded a large package to the law firm which included my responses, as well as my set of Interrogatories and a Notice to Produce Documents.

I never received their response.

Approximately four weeks later, I was served with a Motion for Summary Judgement in which they advised the court that "Discovery is concluded", and that they reequest a Judgment. I immediately contacted the law firm and requested an explanation for this motion. I was informed by them that I didn't need to worry about it, and that they would reschedule ot for a later date. I then anticipated receipt of their discovery responses.

Three weeks later, I was served with a Judgment. Apparently, the law firm attended the hearing that they told me was rescheduled. They obtained a judgment against me which they were awarded extraordinary fees, penalties, court costs, document fees, legal fees, and service fees.

The outcome of this ordeal resulted with a Judgment againt me in excess of $5,000.00.

I was served with a notice to attach my husband's wages only a weeks later. I was feeling frustrated, exausted and defeated. I contacted the law firm and agreed to submit the sum of $100.00 per month, as an alternative to the wage execution. I have been making monthly payments for more than a year, and each month as I prepare my payment, I feel violated, abused, and angry that this law firm can get away with this unscrupulous, and despicable conduct.

Thanks for listening. Amy, ****, NJ

Victim
Lindenwold, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2008 02:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/eichenbaum-stylianou-llc/paramus-new-jersey-07653/eichenbaum-stylianou-llc-consumer-rrights-violators-paramus-new-jersey-389142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair