Complaint Review: Elk River Trailers - Elkhart Indiana

Elkhart, Indiana
  • Phone: 574-266-4400
  • Web:
  • Category: Trailers

Elk River Trailers - Elk River Corp - Cargo Pro Ripoff They refuse to allow a return for something that wasn't what I ordered on my new trailer Elk Hart Elkhart Indiana

*UPDATE Employee: I want to report the facts

I ordered a new trailer from one of Elk River Trailer's distributors and it included 4 overhead florenscent lights, and a heat and A/C combination. I asked for it to have a system to opperate these things on a self contained basis and to be able to plug it in to a 110v outlet to charge the battery or batteries when parked at home. The contract specified a 12v to 110v converter. It was my intention for this to run my lights, heat and air. I know that the proper word to use would have been an "inverter", but I got a simple 110v to 12v battery charger instead and now they are dragging out the return process and I am wondering if they will ever do anything for me.

They keep saying, "Well it says in the contract the word converter." and "We could argue this all day long." All I asked for was for them to allow me to take their battery charger out, return it to them and get my money back for that portion of my trailer cost. Then I will have some of the money to put toward the inverter that I really need. They have told me already that if I or anyone else that they have not authorized work on the electric, they will void my warranty.

Dennie
mccomb, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2004 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/elk-river-trailers/elkhart-indiana-46514/elk-river-trailers-elk-river-corp-cargo-pro-ripoff-they-refuse-to-allow-a-return-for-s-113500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Jack - (U.S.A.)

The situation refered to here is different than has been reported. The customer did order a trailer from an Elk River dealer. The dealer then ordered a trailer from Elk River based on the customers specifications. The dealer was then sent an order confirmation detailing the specifications, that document was then given to the customer. No changes were made by the customer to the original order. After delivery the customer decided the trailer was built incorrectly even though the trailer was built to the original confirmed specifications. Elk River has offered to modify the trailer at the customers expense.

Elk River has also stated that electrical work done by an unauthorized repair center will void the warranty and should be avoided because of safety concerns. The final opinion of Elk River is that the trailer was built as the customer ordered it, it is not the fault of Elk River that the customer ordered the trailer incorrectly.