X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Ellis Antiques - Collingswood New Jersey

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: gmaisano — Pitman New Jersey United States of America
  • Ellis Antiques 812 Haddon Ave Collingswood, New Jersey United States of America

Ellis Antiques ELLIS ANTIQUES Et BIJOUX, FRANCESCA ELLIS ESTATE SALES Dishonest and Unethical Antique Dealer! Collingswood , New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Our good deed turns into Sour Grapes

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

This dealer paid us $150 for over 30 antiques. She said they were practically worthless in today's market.  We desperately needed money that weekend for our legal bills and we trusted her to give us an honest opinion. She said that 150.00 was very generous and we would not get any better price. We checked with other dealers afterwards and found that almost all of the items were worth between 75.00 and 300.00 a piece at a conservative estimate.  We did not except to receive full value for the items, of course, but $150 is disgraceful.

Look in her Ebay store. She is selling the two Jasperware dishes for $159 and $59.00. And that is only two of them! She got four of them and four discontinued Lladro, four Shawnee pottery pieces that belonged to my grandmother, a complete Paul Cardew tea set and an Egyptian marble statue that belonged to my grandfather to name just a few things. This woman is a thief.  It is bad enough we had to sell things that had been in our family for three generations to try to keep our house out of foreclosure.  Being cheated like this is the ultimate indigniture.  Shame on you Ellis Antiques!

Customers, do you want to do business with a disreputable dealer who lies so baldly about the value of antiques?  We are filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and exploring other chanels.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2009 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ellis-antiques/collingswood-new-jersey-08108/ellis-antiques-ellis-antiques-et-bijoux-francesca-ellis-estate-sales-dishonest-and-unethi-541134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Our good deed turns into Sour Grapes

AUTHOR: Ellis Antiques - ()

POSTED: Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I am the owner of the company. A customer recently came into my store and told me about this  terribly wrong slanderous report a customer made about us in 2009! I can remember this customer like it was yesterday. She came into our shop and wanted me to purchase her collectibles, not antiques. Nothing that she offered to sell us was antique. I did not want to buy any of her items.

She was very upset. She told me her sister was crying outside our shop. She said that she needed the money to pay her lawyer or else she would lose her house.  I felt badly and said OK out of the goodness of my heart. I even told her to take a box back, because I did not want everything.

She declined!

After paying my 2 employees thousands of dollars in labor costs to write, clean and photograph the collectibles, slong with high selling fees the items slowly sold.

This lady "conveniently" forgot what happened, that we were doing a good deed to help her. Then she turns on us?? How rotten is that??

Whether she realizes it or not, the comments toward us are slanderous in nature, particularly considering that we tried to help the sellers out and did nothing wrong.

Consider the source of the comments; in our opinion, a frustrated, unhappy person who, if she had not been told misinformation by opinionated 3rd parties (our competition!), most likely never would have left these libelous comments.

We are forthright, honest business people with tens of thousands of happy customers throughout the past 40+ years in the antiques business.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair