X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Ernie Guzaman - Pontiac GMC - Houston Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Humble Texas
  • Ernie Guzaman - Pontiac GMC 12111 Katy Freeway Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Ernie Guzaman - Pontiac GMC The ol' Bait and switch on a vehicle Houston Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: That would not actually be an "old bait and switch"

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
This actually happened a few years ago but I saw another report on this company on here and decided to relay my experience about this crooked dealership.

I was in the market for a new truck and decided to check out this dealership. I walked their lot and found a very nice GMC Sierra truck that I decided to purchase. I negotiated a deal with the sales rep, placed a $1000.00 cash down payment, traded in my vehicle and signed some paperwork. Well, it turns out the Finance manager was not in, so the Sales guy told me to go ahead and take the vehicle and that the Finance manager would call me in a day or two to schedule an appointment. A few days later, the Sales rep calls me up to say I need to put down another $2000.00 cash to keep the vehicle. I told him where he could stick the 2 grand. I returned the vehicle, got my trade in back and left, never to return. Beware this dealership.

Dougintexas
Humble, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2007 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ernie-guzaman-pontiac-gmc/houston-texas-77079/ernie-guzaman-pontiac-gmc-the-ol-bait-and-switch-on-a-vehicle-houston-texas-293623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

That would not actually be an "old bait and switch"

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, January 05, 2008
The "Old Bait and Switch" is actually an advertising ploy. The way it works is the dealership advertises a specific car (stock number listed in the ad) for a stupid price. You, as a consumer, go to your local dealership and ask them if they can "beat" the price you saw from the advertising dealer. You are then laughed at. You then go to the advertising dealaer to buy at the rediculous price they have advertised. Unfortunately, the car that was in the paper "just sold prior to your arrival." But hey, we have this similar one right here.....at a slightly higher price. You would have been "baited" by the stupid price, then switched to one with a legitimate price. Open any Saturday paper and look at the new car ads. Darn near every single one of them is a bait and switch. A little unethical, but definately not illegal. And hey, it's what the consumer falls for so it would be crazy not to do it.

It seems that what happened to you is a lack of credit. You made a $1000 deposit and applied for financing. The dealership then loaned you the vehicle, pending a bank approval. Apparantly, financing could not be secured on that vehicle without a more substantial down payment with your credit and possibly your trade situation. You got upset when you found out and returned the car. I'm assuming they returned your deposit (though legally speaking, they do not necessarily have to). You werent out any money. The dealership profited deek and doghnuts, but they were out the mileage you put on their truck. My question is, how exactly were you "ripped off"?

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair