Complaint Review: etyres
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
As another ex-franchisee I recognise from my own experience almost every complaint made here on this website against Etyres and Tony Bowman.
If you are thinking about buying an etyres franchise then here are some questions to ask Tony:
- Where does he gets his 5 year financial projections from? What are they based on?
- What is the average turnover for a single etyres franchise area not including out of area work. Note that many franchisees are working outside their area which can be over 50% of their business. This will vanish if Bowman sells the territory.
- Why, if such a good opportunity, has etyres had a special offer on their franchises, reducing the price from £30,000 to £20,000?
- Now that etyres have reduced the price by £10,000 is he selling the same sized area as when it was £30,000?
- How many franchisees have sold their business and come out with a decent return on their investment? Examples.
- What is the sell-on clause in the franchise agreement?
- What is the extra 5% etyres take from each internet or call centre sale? (on top of the 6% in the franchise agreement)
- How many franchisees have gone out of business or stopped trading in the last 10 years?
- What marketing do they do outside promoting franchise sales?
- What is the non-reliance clause in the franchise agreement for? Why does Tony Bowman need a specific clause attempting to legally absolve him and etyres from any responsibility made during his sales pitch (representations).
- Finally, why was Anthony Richard Bowman declared bankrupt in June 2009?
I would warn of the multitude of operational issues once trading has begun but hopefully you won't get that far. Those aspects are well documented in other etyres rip-off reports.
Tony Bowmans franchise success seems to be primarily based on turning over franchises rather than selling tyres. He'll give you false figures and feed you a pack of lies in order to get you to sign up (this is called mis-representation). Once he's got your money and your signature on that franchise agreement (fully loaded in his favor) then the sooner you go out of business the better.
The way this company and in particular its director have acted verges on criminality. If you are considering buying an etyres franchise then I very strongly recommend that you think again.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2015 04:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/etyres/internet/etyres-tony-anthony-richard-bowman-franchise-con-cambridge-internet-1250305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: