Complaint Review: Fifth Element Refiners - Charlotte North Carolina

• Fifth Element Refiners
    7120 Providence Lane W
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    United States of America

Fifth Element Refiners Virginia Herman exchanged my shipment of silver oxide batteries for lithium an then returned them to the post office as a hazardous shipment Charlotte, North Carolina

I sent a shipment of 32lbs if silver oxide watch batteries for recycling plus a small amount of sterling silver. They received the package and removed the sterling silver and sent me a money order for it which was not cashable in Canada due to it being a USPS money order.

They said the package was seized by the post office because there was some lithium cells mixed in, I have a very thorough sorting process before shipping so I know this is not true.  After many futile misleading emails I finally located the parcel at the downtown post office. I drove 15 hours to reclaim it, and learnt that the post office did not seize it but the person from Fifth Element brought it in.

When I looked in the box there was no silver oxide batteries, just full of junk lithium cells.  I contacted Fifth Element and they said it was my fault for waiting too long and that the people at the post office were not to be trusted and switched them.

So I am out the value of the cells (they quoted they would pay $68.00/lb) plus a 15 hour drive both ways plus expenses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2012 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fifth-element-refiners/charlotte-north-carolina-/fifth-element-refiners-virginia-herman-exchanged-my-shipment-of-silver-oxide-batteries-for-909451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content