X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Financial Claim Services - Tulsa Oklahoma

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: St. Augustine Florida
  • Financial Claim Services 3840 S 103rd East Avenue Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Financial Claim Services Grand Prize SCAM!! Tulsa Oklahoma

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
On November 14, 2008 I received in the mail a notification about winning a Reader's Digest Sweepstakes. I was told that I was the 3rd Grand Prize winner with $100,000 in winnings. Accompanying the letter was a real-looking check for taxes that I was to cash and return to an unspecified address in CANADA. They included a reference number and a deadline. It made it seem so real.

Writing this all out makes it seem so stupid. I was and still am desperate. I am unemployed (looking), a single mother, essentially homeless and trying to go to school so I can better my and my daughter's life. To have something like this come in the mail is a heart stopping moment. I didn't stop to question it--I did what the gentleman (Jonathan Morgan) said. I cashed the check and sent the money. A few days later I was checking my bank account to make sure I had enough money for gas and not only had they taken back their check but I was out the other money as well (approx. $3000.00). That may not seem like a big amount to a lot of people, but for me it was the only money I had left.

If anyone else out there gets a letter in the mail from FINANCIAL CLAIM SERVICES based in Tulsa, OK telling them that they won money in a Reader's Digest sweepstakes . . . DON"T do what they ask. Throw it away! It is a horrible, horrible thing for them to do to people.

Rebecca
St. Augustine, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2008 07:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/financial-claim-services/tulsa-oklahoma-74146/financial-claim-services-grand-prize-scam-tulsa-oklahoma-396381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair