Complaint Review: First Credit Of America - Chicago Illinois

• Updated:
  • Reported By: Austin Texas
  • First Credit Of America

Chicago, Illinois

First Credit Of America - Alyon Technologies - Telcollect Trying to collect 1-900 made from my phone RIPOFF Chicago Illinois

I am continually being contacted for a debt that is ready to go to collections. First Credit of America stated five 1-900-sex calls were made from my phone between Sep 2002 and Jan 2003. The credit card number used "was to an account with no money in it" so the original company has turned over the debt to First Credit of America to collect on. Through questioning it turns out that they had the first name wrong, and the address was wrong. When I told then the address was wrong they hung up on me. My phone has a 1-900 block and I still have my 2002 statements which contest it.

I made several return calls. Two got me a voice mailbox. Two times I was connected to people in my same situation who were screaming for a supervisor (our alleged debt situations were identical). The only time that I was able to talk to a person was when I called to tell them I was ready to settle a debt. Once I started asking questions again, they hung up on me.

I have filed with the IFCC (Internet Fraud Complaint Center), the FTC, and the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation.

This web site was very helpful in filling out these reports

Bob
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2005 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-credit-of-america/chicago-illinois/first-credit-of-america-alyon-technologies-telcollect-trying-to-collect-1-900-made-fro-156723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content