X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: First Merit Hilsdale Branch - Canton Ohio

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: sox613 — CANTON Ohio United States of America
  • First Merit Hilsdale Branch 3301 Whipple NW Canton, Ohio United States of America

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I knew may account was running low, bills were due, And I finally get some money in a go to deposit it. make out my bills and pay some online. I was not watching my account that week. and 10 $28 dollar fees were taken out of my account because my account was on hold for 1 day after deposit. About a week after that I think I have about just made a 575 deposit, pay a thousand dollar house payment and there there is 276 in my account. When call the bank, .Because funds were not available.I asked why did the y put everything through, they said they knew the money was in the account there fore every one got paid and they made 28 dollars on each one. I Have had trouble with this bank before when a 4000+ deposit was completely lost and 5 day went on before they were able to fine it. I have had deposits lost when they were merging with citizens. I was always civil. Even when we had loss of work. I used about 3 years ago I did the same thing, Deposit my check, pay bills. they charged a very small percentage like 5 bucks or so and it was done. They NEVER disclosed the the game has changed. I feel that they are just taking advantage. If you are looking for a bank do no choose this one, the only reason i am still there is because of the age of the account. Here is the kicker, most of my deposits are from fortune 500 companies. I really feel there is no reason to hold funds anyway, If the check does go bad then I deserve the fees. Never has happened yet! Heres the kicker, Hilsdale branch does absolutly nothing for you, I you have to use firstmerit do not use that branch, I had to call higher ups to get anything done

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2009 10:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-merit-hilsdale-branch/canton-ohio-44708/first-merit-hilsdale-branch-first-merit-eccesive-overdraft-fees-no-notice-canton-ohio-526155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

This is not how they did business before

AUTHOR: sox613 - (United States of America)

POSTED: Friday, November 20, 2009
This is not how they did business before, but the last time i had problems was from a insurance check, I recieved the check made out to me, and sent a check to the contractor. They held the insurance check for 5 days and the check contractor check bounced. But that was a overdraft, I paid that. This time I showed 59.40 in the account, On a deposit that was actually friday, not available untill the following tuesday. Sorry That was Wrong. Debit card Should Have Been Shut Down As soon As the overdraft was detected, Instead of a 1000 dollar threshold. I just pulled a bank statement from a few years ago that when the same thing happen to this account I was charged 33cents about 322.66$ over of a $8134 deposit, The charge then was called" UNCOLLECTED FUNDS CHARGE 322.66 3 DAYS @ 12.5%, THIS POLICY HAS CHANGED! I was used to this, really haven't needed it for years.

This is not how they did business before

AUTHOR: sox613 - (United States of America)

POSTED: Friday, November 20, 2009

It's a dirty tricks but all banks do it

AUTHOR: American Beauty - (USA)

POSTED: Friday, November 20, 2009
We have all heard this one before.  They claim as if they are doing you a favor by sending through your mortgage first when in reality it's just a way for them to collect a bunch of overdraft charges.

The last I heard, there is currently legislation happening that will make it a crime for banks to do this.  They're are trying to file this class action suit.  My advice, wait a few months, wait until your account is stable again, then just make a bunch of charges and call them in stolen.  Get your money back.

I know it sounds dishonest but you're just getting your money back.  Of course, that's if the bank has to pay those stolen charges, which I'm not sure if that's the case or not.

Two can play that game.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair