X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Gateway Computers - Irvine California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Prescott Valley Arizona
  • Gateway Computers www.gateway.com Irvine, California U.S.A.

Gateway Computers can't fix a laptop on 3 tries, breaks it further. Irvine California

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I will give you the short version of my plight as I know like me, your time is quite valuable. I purchased a Gateway ML-3109 laptop in the 4th quarter of 2007. I started having problems with the back light failing within a few months of ownership. I sent the unit in for repair. After the unit was returned, the same problem persisted. I again resent the unit in for repair, and it was returned apparently repaired. The unit performed as expected for approximately 6 months, then the back light started failing again. I again sent the unit in and when it was returned, there was a crack in the case. I contacted executive customer service, and supplied photos of the damage. When someone returned my phone call I advised that person of the following additional issues:

The left mouse button no longer worked properly.
The back light still does not function properly.
The unit emits a shock when plugged in and my hand makes contact with any screws in the bottom of the laptop.
The power works basically when it wants to without rhyme or reason.There are dark spots on the LCD panel.

These are the major issues I conveyed to the Executive Customer Service agent. The agent offered to allow me to send the unit in at my own expense, and was vague on the repair. After several failed attempts to get Gateway to repair my laptop that was damaged by the repair center at Gateway's cost were rejected, and a failed letter to the Better Business Bureau, i tried sending an email to acer ceo. I got a call where basically they refused to even acknowledge they were responsible for for the damage, and refused to resolve the situation in any manner.

Zeke_d
Prescott Valley, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2009 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gateway-computers/irvine-california-92618/gateway-computers-cant-fix-a-laptop-on-3-tries-breaks-it-further-irvine-california-437671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair