Complaint Review: Gidget Retro Teardrop Camper, LLC

• Gidget Retro Teardrop Camper, LLC
    4322 Avalon BLVD
    Alpharetta, Georgia
    United States

Gidget Retro Teardrop Camper, LLC Gidget Retro Teardrop Camper, PTY, LTD Theft and Fraud. Alpharetta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: RV expert witness tells the inside story of the RV industry

*Consumer Comment: DIFFERENT SIDE OF THE STORY

*General Comment: Incorrect

I first met Kathleen Wills, one of the owners/agents of Gidget Retro Teardrop Camper, LLC (going forward, referred to as The Company) in January of 2017 while shopping for a camper. Ms. Wills sales pitch was extremely convincing. She remarked that her campers are exclusively custom designed in regards to the specifications provided by the customer. She boasted the patented technology was key in separating The Company from the competition. She further explained that the process takes several months to complete, however, if I provided her with a signed contract and a 40% deposit, I could expect to have my customized camper delivered no later than October 12th.

With the delivery date fast approaching, and having not heard from Ms. Wills in several months, I reached out to her for a status update on my order. She informed me the manufacturing plant had experienced a delay in production, and further re-assured me that my camper would be delivered soon. By January 2018, I started having doubts that I would ever receive my camper, so I requested the refund of the deposit I initially provided. It was at this time Ms. Wills confessed that the parent company, Gidget Retro Teardrop Camper Plc, Ltd. (owned by her brother-in-law, Glenn Wills,) located in Australia had filed for insolvency. I was crestfallen.

After several hours of research, it was clear to me that the parent company had been struggling financially far before Kathleen Wills accepted my contract and deposit, thus making her aware and complicit in her fraudulent actions. My suspicions of fraud were further confirmed when I discovered the patented technology she so convincingly pushed in her sales pitch, had in fact NEVER been patented.

When confronted with information, she alleged that all intellectual property had been sold to Brett Michael Brewster, a resident of Jasper, Georgia and business partner to Dwight Wills, her husband. The sale of this property would allowMr. Brewster 40% ownership of The Company.

After consulting with more than one Intellectual Property Law Firm,the alleged patents affiliated with The Company have either been abandoned by the inventor, Glenn Wills, or never allowed in the first place. Furthermore, confirming my suspicions that this company had no intention other than defrauding their clients.

Over the span of just a few years, this thieving family of con-artists have stolen millions of dollars from unsuspecting patrons, many being elderly and retired. The actions performed by these people is abhorrent and textbook predatory.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2018 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gidget-retro-teardrop-camper-llc/alpharetta-georgia-30009/gidget-retro-teardrop-camper-llc-gidget-retro-teardrop-camper-pty-ltd-theft-and-fraud-1434148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

RV expert witness tells the inside story of the RV industry

AUTHOR: RV expert witness - (United States)

I’m sorry for your troubles and I want to post some helpful information for you and many other RV buyers. Several years ago I own a RV repair business and I got so many complaints of people buying brand new motor homes and have had so much troubles with defective components  and this should never happen especially on a brand new motorhome.

There are so many RV dealerships that sell brand new motor homes that refused to do any pre-delivery inspections before they place these motorhomes on the lot for sale.  I personally believe that many of these RV dealerships refuse to do these predelivery inspection because they do not want to pay their staff to do it.  Instead they would rather you buy the motorhome and bring it back and activate a warranty claim then the RV dealership gets paid to do the work.

I offer my services to attorneys that represent RV buyers at no cost to show them what to look for when they activate a lawsuit against any RV dealership of their choice .

One of the most important things that should be checked out on a brand new motorhome is the LP gas system and let me explain how explosive propane really is

Most RV technicians do not understand the expansion rate of propane here are the facts

If you have 1 gallon of propane in the tank it’s in a liquid form under pressure inside of the tank if that 1 gallon of liquid propane is released into the atmosphere because of a leak that one liquid gallon will expand a 270 gallons of explosive vapor.

1.  5 gallons of propane is equal to  1350 gallons of explosive vapor

2.  25 gallons of propane is equal to 6750 gallons of explosive vapor

3. 50 gallons of propane in the tank is equal to 13,500 gallons of explosive vapor.

Now I am sure that you would like to know if you buy it brand new or used motorhome you want to know if the LP gas system leaks or not.  Ask your favorite RV dealership if they can show you the predelivery inspection documentation or the motorhome that you purchased and ask them to show you that leak down test results before you buy a motorhome never after you sign a contract.

If they can’t provide you with this kind of documentation you need to get up and walk out and refused to part with your money.  When you buy a brand new motorhome you want the experience of enjoying a brand new motor home without any troubles, just like for the most part when you buy a new car.

A law firm in my past hired me to go up against one of the biggest RV dealerships in the country and I proved that the dealership was submitting fraudulent documents with Gord signatures on a predelivery inspection report. I prove to the judge that the document and forge signatures and a proper predelivery inspection was never done on the motorhome and after evaluating the motorhome which was a brand new motorhome I documented 27 pages of repairs  that the motorhome need it I made a believer out of the court that the motorhome should’ve never been on the market for sale until after everything was fixed not after he was sold.

Remember you can’t get any TV station or News Reporter Politician Reviews to do any stories on fraudulent misrepresentation RV sales because they get a lot of money from RV dealerships in the form of advertising money.

Every RV fire should always go to Rip Off Report and read the reports that have been posted over the years before you go to any dealership of your choice.

Now I encourage you to go to RipOffReport.com  on the homepage just a little ways down on the right-hand side you will see Rip Off Report live.

Go to that page and scroll down a little bit on the right-hand side once again and look at the black audio player and listen to the very top number one show  listen to it completely that’s me  reveaking scams in the RV industry.  Listen to that show a couple of times the second show was me talking about scams in the automotive industry.  Any law firm who knows what they’re doing when it comes to RV dealership cases that’s worth a grain of salt  would agree with everything that I say.

Please do your homework before you part within leave your money please continue to read some of this information that I’m going to post below  this is a predelivery inspection check sheet list that RV dealership should be using but they don’t because they don’t want to pay for it.

BEST REGUARDS YOUR RV BUYER ADVOCATE....

The most important functions of an RV are not listed on their list.  Items like the

1. LP gas furnace does it leak LP GAS ?

2.  The LP gas hot water heater.

3.  The LP gas stove.

4.  The LP gas refrigerator.

5.  The ammonia gas system in the refrigerator  does it leak ?

6.  The power supply converting 110 V AC over to 12 V DC.

7.  The complete plumbing system does it leak ?

8.  Does the plumbing system have a water pressure regulator

9.  The sewage system the black water and the graywater tanks do they leak ?

10.  All of the 12 V system batteries ?  Are they holding a charge

11.  Does the complete electrical system on the 12 V DC side have any battery drains ?

12.  The air conditioning systems the dash AC and the roof AC do they work properly.

13.  Does the roof AC unit look like it's properly secured to the roof where it will not leak water when it rains ?

14.  Does the shower or the toilet leak water underneath that wood rot the wood out under Neath the shower or the toilet ?

15.   The water pump for the RV aspect of the motorhome does it leak it does it  maintain normal operating pressure ?

16.  Does any aspect of the RV have rotten wood ?

17.  Does the LP gas system have leaks anywhere throughout the system ?

18  does the LP gas regulator maintain a normal operating pressure without league downs ?

19  does the RV come with all of the owners manuals  for safe and normal operation knowledge ?

20  does the RV have leveling jacks to do the work without hydraulic leaks?

21  has the LP gas furnace been checked for any carbon oxide leaks ?  Which can be deadly if not check properly ....

22.  When driving the motorhome does the  motorhome engine charge the RV batteries properly ?

23.  Does the motorhome have slide outs and are they properly aligned so they do not create drag to wear out the electric motors ?  I could make this list five times longer.

I could go on for days when it comes to RVs and complete system checks.  If someone's only going to charge you a couple of hundred dollars for a complete system check on the motorhome they are an idiot because they don't know what they're doing they don't know the complete systems of a motorhome you cannot take a RV to an automotive shop and have it checked out it's completely different then a car or a pick up truck or a little minivan.

Whoever created this business model has no clue what they're doing.   I feel their business model is to refer you to local automotive shops to have your cars and vans and pick up trucks checked out and they are the middleman to make money on work they've never done.  The above is my opinion.

When a RV dealership does not perform an LP gas system leak check is that a safe situation for the consumer or a unsafe situation for the consumer ??

DIFFERENT SIDE OF THE STORY

AUTHOR: Lona - (United States)

In response to the person(s) referring to Dwight and Kathleen Wills actions as being “adhorent and textbook predatory”, I’d like to express my experience in dealing with them.  First of all, let me say that I am sorry for your loss and the loss of many others expecting to receive this remarkable camper.

I did receive my camper after a 2 plus year wait.  Being in America, I corresponded exclusively with Kathleen. I even went down to Georgia to see the Gidget in person.  Kathleen was waiting on me and spent an extra amount of time explaining every aspect of the Gidget. Given that I am older and not an experienced camper, I was especially appreciative of her time.  As most, I was anxious to get my camper immediately, but was willing to wait the extra time to get this particular teardrop camper from Australia versus buying one from America. At every junction, Kathleen was always available through emails and phone calls. I was never put off and she treated me with the utmost respect and courtesy. In addition, she was always prompt in responding to me whenever I reached out to her with questions. And, trust me, I had tons of questions.

In my heart, I truly believe that Dwight and Kathleen were just as much victims as you and others were. In fact, I don’t even think Dwight knew the dire circumstances that were occurring in Australia that ultimately lead to the demise of the company. Just imagine how awful this must have been for Dwight to find out his own brother had not been honest about the financial situation with him.  It would be near impossible for Dwight and Kathleen to know everything going on regarding the business operations of the company in Australia, when they live in the US. You might say that they should have known.  And, you would be right. But, I’m guessing that they believed everything Dwight’s brother (Glen) told them. I would have believed my brother. How devastating it must have been for them to have to come to the realization that they had been deceived. I know Dwight and Kathleen are honorable people. And, they appear to be dedicated to repaying the American customers they dealt with. I believe that given time, they will do just that.

I am lucky to be one of the people that got my camper. I realize this. I did wait 2 plus years for it.  I believe my camper was on the last shipment to the east coast. I picked it up in Charleston, SC. Both Dwight and Kathleen were there to meet me at pickup. Dwight went over everything on the checklist and helped me to get on my way.  The cooler and shower kit had been left off my camper. They did, in fact, get the cooler/shower kit issue resolved. Even after I got home, Kathleen guided me through all the registration process. She was always helpful and gracious in everything I asked of her.

To the American customers that dealt with Dwight and Kathleen, I know you are disappointed and hurt. But, I sincerely believe they are trying to make things right. I implore you to just be patient.  The Wills are hurting from this in both a personal and business manner.  I believe they are good people and do not want their reputations to be soiled by this. They will try their best to repay the American customers. I just ask that you give them a chance.

#3 General Comment

Incorrect

AUTHOR: Jonathan - (Australia)

I am a creditor of Gidget Teardrop Campers Pty Ltd in Australia, so I share an interest in seeing justice done.  However the bulk of the statements made here are highly inaccurate (some unintentionally) and are highly irresponsible.

For example, reports to creditors from Worrells Forensic Accountants, the Australian company's administrator / liquidator, confirm that Mr Brewster has never been a minority owner of the Australian company as falsely alleged here. Nor does Mr Brewster have any interest in the US company (which is perhaps unintentionally implied). The only source of the claim that Brett Brewster is a part owner of either Gidget company (and the claim has only ever been made about the Australian Gidget) is Gidget Australia director Glenn Wills -- yes, the very person this post is accusing of fraud. The only registered owners of Gidget Australia are Glenn Wills and his wife Christine Bree.  Those two are being investigated by the Queensland Office of Fair Trade, ASIC, and other organisations.

Mr Brewster did purchase the IP in a camper design from Glenn Wills, director of the Australian company -- that IP has never been an asset of Gidget Australia -- however, as per one of the few correct comments made here, that IP is likely of no value as the patents have not been granted. There is zero logic in suggesting someone who bought the IP in good faith is somehow responsible for that IP being of no value, or is responsible for production issues in Australia.

The US company (owned by Dwight and Kathleen Wills, and with the sole purpose of importing and distributing the campers -- they were also reliant upon the Australian company run by Glenn Wills) is also a creditor of the Australian company and has been seeking compensation from the Australian company for its american customers. This is information that has been available to Gidget Australia creditors since early in the processs. All evidence I have seen thus far (including from the administrator Worrells, and the Queensland Office of Fair Trade) have never suggested anything to me other than Dwight and Kathleen Wills and Brett Brewster being victims, along with other customers, of Gidget Australia, owned solely by Glenn Wills (whose own statements this poster relies upon) and Christrine Bree.