X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: GMR Transcription - Tustin California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: xcriber — Cambridge Massachusetts United States of America
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • GMR Transcription 2512 Chambers Road, Suite 206 Tustin, California United States of America

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

GMR has chosen not to hire me, and the reasons they provide are simply not true. They claim that my practice transcription was unacceptable, stating that I "misheard words" and did not use their template. Indeed, I did use their template, carefully following each instruction included with their template and accompanying style guide. As for "misheard words", I would be interested to know what they are.

You see, although the quality of their practice audio was quite poor, in the course of researching names contained therein (standard practice for a professional transcriptionist), I was delighted to find online a video of the conference from which apparently GMR extracted the audio file they then provided to me. The audio portion of the video was crystal clear. After several careful reviews of this online version of the audio along with an additional several careful reviews of GMR's, I am convinced that the transcription sample I returned to them contained exactly zero mistakes.

Zero mistakes.

In addition, upon hearing the website version of this audio, I became convinced that GMR recorded their version externally from the website, adding noise and distortions externally, as could anyone with an internet connection and external recorder. I found this rather discomforting when contrasted with my extensive prior experience providing transcription for other, established, reputable companies. Companies for whom I have worked and still work always have a legitimate practice file, recorded in the field and provided by a client with the client's permission. As the recording provided by GMR does not sound to be original, I wonder whether the institution from which this audio was extracted is even GMR's client at all. My guess is no.

I do not know the real reason why GMR failed to hire me, but I am glad they did. I wish to avoid contact with an unscrupulous or at least unreliable business. GMR provided blatantly false information to justify their decision. I do not know if this was simply a careless error or willful deception, but it is unnecessary and unacceptable in any case. Better that they had provided no justification rather than false justification, or even to not have contacted me at all.

I most certainly will not reapply to GMR in 90 days or at any time in the future. I do not want to work for them under any circumstances, nor would I hire them to provide any services. GMR not only insulted my professionalism, they also wasted my time. Don't let them waste yours.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2011 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gmr-transcription/tustin-california-92780/gmr-transcription-bad-hiring-practices-possible-willful-deception-tustin-california-764436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I agree with this complaint

AUTHOR: Consumer_from_PA - (United States of America)

POSTED: Thursday, June 08, 2017

Indeed, they are unnecessarily disrespectful and clearly pick out audio samples that are extremely difficult and very poor quality. If that's an indication of the type of work, no thanks (for one thing). On the site, they even mention what that is, and they collect a premium price for those, I am sure. But you won't get paid premium, you'll just get whatever base pay they can get away with. In addition they don't even tell you what the pay is for non-medical transcription. To kick things off they want 2 hours free before you even get paid. If you read carefully on their site (they assume you have read everything and if you do not and have a question 'you are disqualified') you will see how disrespectful and assuming they are to potential applicants. Who needs that?

I wound up NOT going through with the test and application process. There are far better companies out there that actually show respect and dignity to people in the hiring practice (regardless of whether or not you will be hired). It's just the way things should be. There are tons of companies out there offering this type of work.

We take pride in providing excellent transcription and enjoy building strong relationships with our clients and transcriptionists.

AUTHOR: GMRTranscription - (USA)

POSTED: Wednesday, August 17, 2011

We are sorry that you feel this way, but we use very stringent guidelines for all transcriptionists because we ensure 98% accuracy for our clients. We strive to make the entire process as precise and fluid as possible, and take pride in the strong relationships we have with both our clients and typists. Hundreds of transcriptionists that we work with have taken the test and have no complaints, and we want to stress that we do not take any money from applicants - there is no testing fee or out of pocket expenses for applicants whatsoever. We are always looking for feedback, so please e-mail us with your comments and we will definitely look into it right away.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair