X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Gordon Chevrolet - Garden City Michigan

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Alto New Mexico
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Gordon Chevrolet 31850 Ford RD Garden City, Michigan U.S.A.

Gordon Chevrolet RIPOFF Sold me a GM Certified used LEMON. Lied to me and told me NO service history. Has two page rap sheet. Garden City Michigan

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I bought a 2003 GM Certified Blazer with 33,600 miles on it from this dealership. I asked the salesman if there was any repair history and was told there was none. I checked the Gordon Chevrolet web sight for repair history using the VIN and it showed no repair history.

I was told that the Blazer was in brand new condition being thouroughly checked from top to bottom front to back under recient GM certification and the vehicle was in exellent condition.

I have a 100% parts 100% labor bunper to bumper factory warranty existing and also an extension on that warranty for the certification.

I found this vehicle over the internet as it had all the options I was looking for at the price I could live with. I set up the deal with the salesman John Dimech and sent funds. The funds also included 845.00 for shipping via DAS.

I recieved the vehicle in El Paso Tx. and upon first inspection looked to be everything it should have been. I drove the blazer home and imediately it started making clanking noises from the drive train. I decided to change the oil the next day and fater doing so noticed the harmonic ballencer on the crank shaft was wobbling terribly. At that point I did a personal inspection finding a page and a half of problems that needed fixed under warranty.

I took the blazer down to my local GM dealership at Sieraa Blanca Motors to get the problems fixed. While I was there the service writer said "MAN this blazer has been in the shop over and over hasent it"? I said it better not have been. He then printed me off a two page long rap sheet of problems this vehicle has been in the shop for under warranty for everything from fender replacement to sun roof frame replacement and a number of problems inbetween including but not limited to timing chain and tensioner replacement.

I told the service writer to check out and fix existing problems and call when done. I was called three days later to come pick up the blazer. I was told that nothing had been fixed and that I owed them 78.00 for the inspection. I asked the shop manager why nothing was fixed and he told me that I have a piece of junk and that he could not warranty any thing wrong because all existing problems are due to poor workmanship of Gordon Chevrolet and they had already been paid to fix the problems under warranty and GM would not pay twice to get the same preoblems fixed.

I was told that I either need to take the vehicle back to Michigan to the selling dealership or pay cash here to get fixed. I live in southern New Mexico so it is hard to say the least to get a vehicle to Michigan to get fixed.

I took the Blazer to my personal mechanic who also used to work for a GM dealership doing certifications for a personal inspection by a qualified mechanic.

My personal mechanic found two oil leaks, a antifreez leak, an air conditioning refrigerant leak and multiple more problems not even listed in my report.

I got back on the internet and did a search on Lemon Law attorneys in Michigan and checked in to the first one I came across. I sent them 45.00 worth of faxes only for them to take two weeks looking over paperwork.

While this two weeks was taking place I noticed that thier physical address is one block from the selling dealership! Can you believe my luck? Then I finally got a call back from the attorney at lemonauto.com and was told that he did not think I had a case!!! If I do not have a case then who does?

I have a certified existing warranty on this vehicle and can not get a gm dealership to work on warranty problems. I need a good lawyer and fast. Any takers?

Terry
Alto, New Mexico

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on GM & GM Products Products

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Chevy Dealers and Products

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2006 02:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gordon-chevrolet/garden-city-michigan-48135/gordon-chevrolet-ripoff-sold-me-a-gm-certified-used-lemon-lied-to-me-and-told-me-no-servi-177111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair