X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Grand Canyon University - phoenix Arizona

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Earlene Nealy — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
  • Grand Canyon University 3300 W. Camelback Rd, Phoenix az 85017 phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Grand Canyon University I am a student who has been overcharged per credit hour, ignored, no contact back from my financial aid advisor, academic counselor classes should have been 3,735 dollars, was charged 8,500 dollars. phoenix, Arizona

*General Comment: Response to Brian in KC

*General Comment: Honestly...

*Consumer Comment: an "A" in English?

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I began classes at Grand Canyon University on 08/31/2009 i was enrolled in four classes which on the 2nd day of class began talking to laricia nelson the enrollment advisor which i changed my mat 120 class to online, three weeks later still had me enrolled i then went back down to the school called five to six calls. My financial aid advisor is Tim Jones, My academic advisor was supposebly Erica Aguirre. Never received any calls back nor no call first day of class for online. For this entire time my classes has been online which is 415.00 per credit hour , i was charged 687.50 and still is for my classes. I have sent several emails to the president Kathy Player, Brian Mueller, Mr. Wood dean of the school. I received a email stating him asking someone else to take care of this matter. I have been given the runaround and overcharged, i went to the school on October 14, and was told to change my major so i signed a form and was changed to online in the system supposebly. I was looking on the internet and did not know that was happening to so many people.  I just want what is fair to me i received aid to go to school and help me why is this happening. I have copies of my emails that were sent and to whom they were sent. Now they are saying i owe money because i asked to do what is right for me i do not owe any money my financial aid should have paid for all of my classes and they still owe me a refund.I took two classes so far Human communication which i received a b+ and my English class was a A..... Still i have not received any help towards this manner at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2009 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/grand-canyon-university/phoenix-arizona-85017/grand-canyon-university-i-am-a-student-who-has-been-overcharged-per-credit-hour-ignored-517437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#3 General Comment

Response to Brian in KC

AUTHOR: CKB - (United States of America)

POSTED: Thursday, November 19, 2009

Your post made me laugh, I am sorry but I picture you are prob. one of those people who still have a land line, and a phone that only makes calls.  Online schools are not all bad. Welcome to 2009. High schoolers can now go to school online.  Stop living in the stone age...

You make several false accusations.  I have never attended an online school myself, however I recognoze that online is a modality of education, and the descriptor of "good" as you describe it is a moral choice. I think you meant to imply a "quality" education.

Here is the first error " People who have a good education and the jobs to back it up, attend a real 4 year university."  A student needs to look at the curriculum-whether its online or not. I remember in my first masters I didn't learn anything, but had to sit and listen to an old guy talk about how he would run the classroom. It's about the curriculum, NOT the modality of the instruction. You also realize that Grand Canyon is a physical traditional campus here in AZ, right? They have college kids on campus, and play against my son's college team.

"You get no hand on experience"-What are you referring to? Do you mean the pointless interaction as you pretend to listen to the professor relay life events or have to work in groups and particpate with classmates that are not as bright?

However, not all online schools are OK, you are correct, and I agree with you in regards to people taking responsibility and doing research on the classes.

However, don't make the accusation that just because a person doesnt want to do school the old school way, that it makes it less meaningful.  Under that logic, you would never take a job where you work from home because it's not a "real job."

#2 General Comment

Honestly...

AUTHOR: Brian - (USA)

POSTED: Monday, November 02, 2009

Here's the problem... You were looking for a quick fix like a lot of people out there. Guess what, there is not a quick or easy fix. People who have a good education and the jobs to back it up, attend a real 4 year university. Online degrees are crap. You don't learn anything no matter where you go. You get no hands on experience and no interaction. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out and employers know that too. And i know, you don't have time, or have to work, or have kids, or another excuses. Well why are there thousands of students at real colleges in your same boat across the country? Quit making excuses. Work hard, give up a few luxuries, and get where you want to go through working hard and a real education. You are in control of your actions so don't blame others when the boat you made sinks.

an "A" in English?

AUTHOR: Marcia - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, October 31, 2009
Doesn't speak very well for the school if you received an "A" in your English course. While most people tend to type as they speak, and not correct errors, yours are pretty bad. I'd be more concerned with the fact that you aren't getting much of an education for your money!

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair