X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: GreenTree Servicing - Saint Paul Minnesota

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Terry Mississippi
  • GreenTree Servicing 800 Landmark Towers Saint Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.

GreenTree Servicing - Conseco Adding Monthly Charges to Loan-Issues High Pay-Off. Saint Paul Minnesota

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I am from Mississippi and purchased my mobile home from a company called Better Homes and Service, in May of 2000. This company has since gone out of business and the owner has moved out of state. Before purchasing my home I checked on businesses that provide loans on mobile homes. I saw that Greentree had numerous negative reports associated with lawsuits. I also discovered that they had filed for bankruptcy. The sales lady with Better Homes and Servicing promised me that Greentree would not finance the home, that she would use a company called Conseco.

In 2002, I called for a payoff and was advised that it was the same as the principle amount which was located on my bill. The amount was around $63,000. Then Greentree came back and Conseco no longer existed. the . I started receiving threatening phone calls from Greentree stating that my loan was in foreclosure when the loan was only less than a month behind. The phone calls never cease they call night and day. I would rush down and make a money gram payment. Only to be called the next month stating that the account was two months behind. I never seem to catch up no matter how many payments I make. They would call family members and give them my personal credit history.

Last week I was told my payoff is now $73,000. I recently received a history of payments, in which some months as much as $3500 was added to my loan. They are now adding $19.50 per day to my loan as a late penalty. This is not in my original contract.

There has to be some sort of help against this type of loan fraud. I am currently looking into my loan and am keeping track of each charge I receive. Stay away from this company and their illegal practices.

Shawn
Terry, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2007 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/greentree-servicing/saint-paul-minnesota-55102/greentree-servicing-conseco-adding-monthly-charges-to-loan-issues-high-pay-off-saint-pa-274084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair