X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Gustafson Brothers, Gustafson Brothers Inc, Gustafason Brothers, JOHN GUSTAFSON, Stan Rogers, Monte Gaustad, Jose Perez, Dane Brown, Julie Ann Ramos, Kelly Babineau, - Huntington Beach California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Service Center — California
  • Gustafson Brothers, Gustafson Brothers Inc, Gustafason Brothers, JOHN GUSTAFSON, Stan Rogers, Monte Gaustad, Jose Perez, Dane Brown, Julie Ann Ramos, Kelly Babineau, 19161 Gothard Street Huntington Beach, California USA

Gustafson Brothers, Gustafson Brothers Inc, Gustafason Brothers, JOHN GUSTAFSON, Stan Rogers, Monte Gaustad, Jose Perez, Dane Brown, Julie Ann Ramos, Kelly Babineau, AAA towing scam, shady mechanics, insurance fraud, bad mechancis, car held hostage in shop, Huntington Beach California

*UPDATE Employee: Please read and make your own conclusion

Our little family was tooling along this year, struggling to stay within our monthly budget while juggling life’s big-ticket items—you know: food, braces, countless teenage daughter items, etc., etc.—when the two most feared words in all of suburbia’s lexicon knocked us flat.

Car repair.

Funny thing is, it all started with just a broken brake light. I’m sitting in my wife’s car at a stop light, waiting to turn right, when a smiling woman pulls up next to me and says, “Hey, your right rear light is out. Better get it fixed, ’cause the cops will stop you for that.”

So the wife and I promptly hightailed it over to our nearest fix-it shop (Gustafson Brothers) thinking that a broken rear light costs, what, Seven bucks maybe?

Hah. Gustafson Brother saw us coming a mile away. I should have known. I can’t think of any other scenario where I feel so much like a life-sized walking all-day sucker than talking with the mechanic man. I’m thinking I’m not alone on this.

I believe that auto repair types begin sizing you up for the big squeeze the minute you walk in the door.

“Hello, sir, I see you and your wife have a  V6.”

“Uh, yes.”

“Does your model have the actuated re-inverter or self-regulating?”

“What?” Off guard, I blurt, “Actuated, I think. Really, we just need a brake light…”

“Uh oh. Actuated.”

(The other guy behind the counter sadly shakes his head at this point. The choreography is keen and well-executed, I must say.)

Still, I play along, because I don’t know enough about cars to bluff them, and they know that I don’t know. Furthermore, I know that they know I don’t know. You know?

Dang, I should have said self-regulating. We’re already off on the wrong foot.

“Well, it may be self-regulating, I’m not sure.”

“No, you said actuated.”

“Is that going to be a problem?” I ask.

“Depends. What are you in for?”

“Busted rear light.”

“Hmmmm.”

More head shaking. Some computer clacking, looking in reference manuals.

We left the car with the Gustafson shop crew, hoped and prayed for the best, and went about our day. I tried Googling “re-inverter,” but all I got was something about how to design a death-ray gun. When we got the call that the car was ready, we swallowed hard and went back. A different guy behind the counter gave us a bill that was a good 25% over the estimate. On the bill was a hefty item—I kid you not—that was labeled “service fee,” on top of labor, parts, tax, recycling charges, oil disposal fee, and all the rest.

“By the way,” says the mechanic, “you need new struts. They’re bleeding onto your brakes. That’s about $600 without tax.”

Remember we came in for a broken tail light. When we refused to pay they held our car hostage. We had to pay them nearly $800. After this I did some investigating and learned all those great postive reviews I found online, it is from a service that allows anyone to post and Gustafson Brothers chooses which reviews you are allowed to see. I found out later this people have been exposed on this website since 2008.

YOU ARE WARNED!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2014 12:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gustafson-brothers-gustafson-brothers-inc-gustafason-brothers-john-gustafson-stan-rogers-monte-gaustad-jose-perez-dane-brown-julie-ann-ramos-kelly-babineau/huntington-beach-california-92648/gustafson-brothers-gustafson-brothers-inc-gustafason-brothers-john-gustafson-stan-rog-1137424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Please read and make your own conclusion

AUTHOR: Cynthia V - ()

POSTED: Friday, May 02, 2014

Please disregard this review. We believe this is a disgruntled customer who is upset because we did not fix his poorly maintained car for free. Please look at the writing style it is similar to the other reviews written.

Here are the facts

The customer is describing an experience he had in our mechanical department, yet he uses names of employees who are not in our mechanical department. Also some of these are names of individuals who don’t’ work for our company.

We don’t perform any work without written authorization, or phone authorization on a recorded line.

We don’t know what a self regulated re-inverter is either.

There are no men behind our front counter.

We don’t use reference manuals.

I googled reinverter and no reference to how to design a death ray gun.

We do not belong to a site that allows us to pick and choose reviews. Look at all the different review sites out there Yelp, Yahoo, Demandforce, etc, there are negative reviews out there. This case is a perfect example. The difference with this site however is you can pay to get the negative reviews removed to a tune of $1200, look into it for yourself.

We have been in business for over 43 years, if we made up stories about broken tail lights and held cars hostage for work we repaired that was unauthorized we would no longer be in business.

We believe in truth and complete transparency. Please make your own judgment.

If you have any questions, call us.

Investigates Reputation Repair