X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Hardisty's Homeware - Santa Rosa California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Yorktown Virginia
  • Hardisty's Homeware 1565 Farmers Lane Santa Rosa, California U.S.A.

Hardisty's Homeware false advertisements consumer rip-off fraud Santa Rosa California

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I ordered a refurbished Braun 7526 Shaver from Hardisty's on February 1st, 2003, for $79.97 (plus $7.98 S&H).

Now, when I checked out their website at the time, the description of the product said the shaver had a full 2-year warranty but because it was refurbished, you could not return it but only get a replacement. The website product description also listed the shaver as including a charging/cleaning stand. It was this description that made me buy it from Hardisty's because other dealers in refurbished Braun's flat out told you they didn't include the cleaning stand.

Anyway, the shaver duly arrived via UPS -- you guessed it -- without a charging/cleaning stand! Since that time I immediately wrote them a regular email via their website, and another one by answering their order confirmation email. I told them that I was looking to return the shaver because it didn't come as advertised.

As of Feb 24th, still no response from Hardisty. But a check of their website shows that they have revised their advertisement by deleting the reference to the charging stand being included.

I consider this a ripoff. It's a typical bait-and-switch tactic, promising you one thing and then delivering something less than what you ordered. Were I to purchase a charging stand separately, I would be spending just as much as I would, had I just paid the $139 in K-mart for a new Braun 7526 in the box! Fortunately, I made a copy of the webpage, so I'm going to provide that to my bank as evidence of the fraudulent ad, and we'll see if I can cancel the credit card charge to get my money back...

Ellis
Yorktown, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2003 09:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hardistys-homeware/santa-rosa-california-95405/hardistys-homeware-false-advertisements-consumer-rip-off-fraud-santa-rosa-california-46826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair