X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: HARRIS DIGITAL PUBLISHING - DELAND Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: cincinnati Ohio
  • HARRIS DIGITAL PUBLISHING netdetective.com DELAND, Florida U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I wish I had found this site before signing up with -----!! Their site advertises for $29, you can have unlimited access to all their services. Well...nowhere do they mention BEFORE paying your $29 that you need to buy an upgrade to get this same information for a monthly fee! It shows up AFTER you pay and sign up. The only thing you get for the $29 is a glorified phone book!

I realized as soon as I tried to do a search that I had been ripped off. I did a ----- search on this company, and found this site. I just faxed over my cancellation notice, and sent them an online request, and I will be calling my credit card company immediately to report this fraudulent company.

This is criminal activity, and this company needs to be stopped immediately!!

Pamela
cincinnati, Ohio

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Harris Digital Publishing

sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail addressfrom this Report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2006 08:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/harris-digital-publishing/deland-florida/harris-digital-publishing-misleading-fradulent-sales-practices-scam-deland-florida-191144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

BANK RULED IN MY FAVOR!

POSTED: Saturday, August 05, 2006
I finally received notice last week that I have won my dispute, and NetDetective was at error. I got my money back! I think if more people disputed the charges to their accounts with their own banks, it would be possible that NetDetective could lose their merchant charge account privileges, and would hopefully be run out of business. I ran my own business for three years out of my home and provided a credit card service. Part of the contract stated that chargebacks were considered a problem, and had considerable fees associated with them. While it did take me some time to write my dispute for "only" $29.00 (I could have just let it go), it is the principal of the situation. All those $29 fees add to their account, and they are getting rich off of unsuspecting people.

HARRIS DIGITAL PUBLISHING - misleading advertising

POSTED: Thursday, June 01, 2006
I received a request for documentation from the chargeback department of my financial institution. I will send this tomorrow, and have included copies of their website pages that show the misleading advertising, and of my order information. They are going to review this. In the meantime, I have provisional use of the $29.00. I'm not sure how long the review will take.

HARRIS DIGITAL PUBLISHING - REFUND UPDATE 5/26/06

POSTED: Friday, May 26, 2006
As many others reported, Harris Digital Publishing requested a snail mail refund request as opposed to just accepting it online. I faxed, emailed, and left a voice mail message with them telling them upfront that this was not acceptable, and wanted my refund. No other response from them, other than more emails asking me to spend more money!!

I ended up cancelling my credit card, which is also a debit card for my checking account, and reported to my bank that I have been defrauded by this company. My bank gave me a $29.00 credit to my account this week, and will attempt to go after this company for the funds.

Please contact your financial instititions, and let them know what happened. You should be able to get your money back as I did.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair