X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Hartford Orthotics - Cromwell Connecticut

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Harold — middletown Connecticut
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I'm Diabetic and on Medicare. Each year Medicare allows me to get 1 pair of custom made shoes from a business that sells diabetic shoes.

I used to go to this business when it was under another name. Never a problem in getting my free 1 pair of shoes each year.

Since Hartford Orthotics took over its been a nightmare. The 2 girls inside have no idea who are the clients who have been going there. They put their records someplace and now even old clients have to begin from square one.

Trying to get them to get the information from a doctor is like pulling teeth. The 2 girls kept telling me that i have to get a prescription from my doctor and i have to call them.They say that the way it was done before was illegal. I called my doctor and his office told me that Hartford Orthotics have to fax then a document. When i told Hartford Orthotics they denied that and continued to say I had to get a prescription. I finally got mad and called my PCP when i was in Hartford Orthotics and had my doctors office speak to one of the girls. Finally they understoond that they had to fox my PCP.

Since then, i talked to my PCP and was told on 4/24 they faxed the prescription back to Hartford Orthotics. I called Hartford Orthotics the first week of May. I was told they didn't receive the fax from my PCP..

INCREDIBLE!! After several days supposedly not having received the doctors fax the 2 girls just sit there, never call me,never followed up with the PCP..

Its been about 2 months now since i first contacted Hartford Orthotics and still nothing. They lock their doors so you cannot go inside to talk to them. the only way to contact them is by phone.

If you're diabetic like me and need to get the free shoes GO SOMEPLACE ELSE!! This "business" is a total joke..

the two girls inside are lazy, and never do what they're supposed to to help people.

I hope there are a lot more reports on here about them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2014 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hartford-orthotics/cromwell-connecticut-06416/hartford-orthotics-awful-lazy-rude-cromwell-connecticut-1146096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair