X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Haverty's Furniture - Frisco Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Plano Texas
  • Haverty's Furniture www.havertys.com Frisco, Texas U.S.A.

Haverty' Furniture Excessive pricing Frisco Texas

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I tried to negotiate a discount on a home office collection sold by Haverty's. The Chateau de Vin collection is manufactured by Aspenhome and is modular in construction ... you can mix and match different components.

Haverty's quoted me $5, 000 for the set of components I was interested in. I asked for a 20% discount because I know the margin in the furniture industry are high. I was immediately told that Haverty's has a "no haggle" policy and they could not adjust the price.

I contacted Aspen Home and requested other retailers in the Dallas area that sold their merchandise. I was referred to Weirs and Charter Furniture. Weirs for similiar components (slight differences) quoted me approx $3, 300. Charter Furniture for the same components (from what I could tell) quoted me $3, 000.

I contacted my sales person at Haverty's and alerted her to the price discrepancy. The "Asset Manager" at Haverty's returned my email, and informed me that the Aspen Home furniture that Haverty's carried had "added features" from Weirs which accounted for the difference in pricing. I am an amateur woodworker, so I was interested in what the added feature were ... I went back to Haverty and thoroughly looked over the furniture at Haverty's and could not note any "added features" other than pull out lighting on the hutches (certainly not worth an incremental $2,000 in my opinion). From what I could tell, the furniture was identical (other than the pull out lighting) to the furniture at Charter and Weirs.

I asked for a complete list of added features that would account for the increased price ... as of yet, no response from Haverty's.

This just proves ... Caveat Emptor

Dean
Plano, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2008 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/havertys-furniture/frisco-texas-75024/haverty-furniture-excessive-pricing-frisco-texas-389248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair