Complaint Review: Ripoff Report | HBC Strategies TRUSTED BUSINESS | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. HBC the only maintenance and construction provider you will ever need. HBC a provider of world-class facility maintenance and construction services. HBC has a strategic advantage by improving quality, reducing cost and eliminating hassles. - Nationwide

• Submitted: Thu, April 16, 2015
  • Updated: Wed, May 16, 2018
  • Reported By: Aaron — Florida USA
  • HBC Strategies TRUSTED BUSINESS | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. HBC the only maintenance and construction provider you will ever need. HBC a provider of world-class facility maintenance and construction services. HBC has a strategic advantage by improving quality, reducing cost and eliminating hassles.

Nationwide
    USA

REVIEW UPDATE: May 16, 2018: HBC Strategies remains committed to increased customer satisfaction and has improved their business practices over the years to better serve their customers. HBC Strategies is truly dedicated to making sure their customers are satisfied and that any complaints which do arise are addressed promptly and fairly.

To date, HBC Strategies has made good faith efforts to resolve all complaints reported on Ripoff Report. Based on our experience, the member business has proven to be among the top members of the Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program as a Verified Safe Business™.

Over time and since becoming a member, HBC Strategies has remained actively engaged and improving the way they address customer service complaints. As an active and current member of the Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program we are happy to report that now more than ever HBC Strategies remains committed to improving customer satisfaction.

Remember, no company or individual can ever satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. There are no products or services that will always be perfect for everyone and even the best companies will receive complaints from time to time. However, by participating in the Corporate Advocacy Program, the member business has made a commitment to working with its customers to resolve complaints quickly and fairly whenever possible.

Please keep in mind that as a consumer you have some responsibilities as well. Success has many definitions that based on your past experiences, current situation and your perceived expectations. Success with any product or service is always based on the proper application and understanding. The fastest car will not run if you never turn the engine on. Look at how you used the product or service that was provided in relation with the instructions that you received. The Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program will help you get your voice heard but please be prepared with documentation and fair representation of your concern, also have an idea of how the company can fix your concern. Can they offer additional services, extend warranties, offer a fair refund or just get you talking with someone that can help. ..let them know and let us know!

*Any consumer not receiving satisfaction from a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program should email us at editor@ripoffreport.com.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW

EDitor's UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to HBC Strategies for its full commitment to quality customer service.

Ripoff Report's discussions with HBC Strategies, LLC have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any concerns. HBC Strategies, LLC listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

HBC Strategies, LLC's principal, Mr. Cary Siegel, has informed us that his personal philosophy is that his clients success are the heart of the business. As a successful businessman, Mr. Siegel feels it is critical to listen to his clients and respond properly. By always putting his customers first, Mr. Siegel hopes to maintain HBC as a successful enterprise both now and for many years to come. Another top executive, Craig Foley, told us that Mr. Siegel's personal business philosophy is based on the premise that "strives to add value in service, understanding that a successful business model is based on value-added services, and client care".

One of the things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its review is that typical customer feedback reads, "HBC Strategies, LLC truly communicate all aspects of the service in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that the employees show us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on their promises."

HBC Strategies is Ripoff Report Verified

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Cary Siegel during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases towards HBC Strategies.

HBC Strategies, also known as HBC Facilities is a company dedicated to providing the highest level of service for their clients. Cary Siegel went on to state the following about HBC Strategies, "HBC provides national clients a single source solution for all facility maintenance and construction services across their portfolio properties." Along with providing an array of services HBC Strategies delivers "white glove" client support and "best in class" contractor services.

Leads for HBC Strategies are primarily obtained through client referrals as well as supplier referrals. Mr. Siegel stated the following about the sales/services process of HBC Strategies, "we provide services exclusively to the corporate client enterprise...so they [corporate] can focus on their consumers." In order to provide the highest level of customer service, "we will help them [clients] understand their existing facility maintenance cost and program to identify opportunities to reduce expenses and streamline efficiency."

CUSTOMER CARE & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION – HBC STRATEGIES

During the onsite interview Mr. Siegel was asked to describe a situation where a client was not satisfied with the level of service they received. Mr. Siegel stated, "we have no dissatisfied clients. Our employees take time to listen and understand client's concerns and are empowered to resolve issues as they arise in real time." Additionally Mr. Siegel stated, "as the owner, I have established a culture of accountability, in which all staff members are responsible for ensuring 100% total customer satisfaction...when a client has a complaint, HBC takes them seriously. We do whatever it takes to resolve the issue so that the client's response is positive."

HBC Strategies reviews client complaints daily and management works directly with clients to make sure they are satisfied.

When asked to comment on the complaints posted on Ripoff Report's website Mr. Siegel stated, "there has never been a customer complaint submitted, since we do not deal with customers." He went on to future assure future and present clients by referencing HBC Strategies' several "high satisfied client referrals."

HBC Strategies is proud to be a part of Ripoff Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, "HBC appreciates the opportunity to inform potential clients about HBC and demonstrate our commitment to 100% satisfaction."

HBC STRATEGIES - STATEMENTS FROM THE PRESIDENT– CARY SIEGEL

" We are one of the top Facility Maintenance firms helping large companies businesses reduce costs and streamline building maintenance and repair. With us, you'll always receive a customized approach to delivering services from a professional team who consistently adapts to fit the needs of our clients' facilities all over the world.

HBC Strategies, LLC's Client Service team expressed that they are very confident doing their job, and HBC creates an exciting work environment that rewards success. HBC Strategies, LLC takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this, "

"HBC provides a very positive environment to work. Opportunities for suggestions and improvements are encouraged. Mr. Siegel and his team are truly concerned about our contribution to the company and providing growth opportunities for us. He takes the time to listen and communicate with employees and customers."

Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that HBC Strategies, LLC's past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM HBC STRATEGIES

HBC Strategies, LLC recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report's review, HBC Strategies, LLC has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience. In summary, after our review, which included discussions with In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Cary Siegel and his team, Ripoff Report is convinced that HBC Strategies, LLC is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

How does a business get Ripoff Report Verified™

The member business allows Ripoff report to email everyone from the past. Those who respond to Ripoff report with a valid complaint must be take care of.. they have made a commitment that if anyone contacts Ripoff Report in the future, they will make things right within 14 days. The member business must err on the side of their customers. Otherwise the member business is off the program.

Ripoff Report has determined that HBC Strategies meets Ripoff Report Verified™ standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Members of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction program do pay a fee for our on-site review, 24 hour monitoring and for support with customers to resolve any disagreements.

Ripoff Report sends a 3rd party service to do an onsite inspection of the new member business. The on-site inspection / review does not mean that the products or services offered by the business have been evaluated or endorsed by Ripoff Report, and has not made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services. We can verify, that Ripoff Report went to the business, verified their business or “work from home business”, there for, if a customer in the future does not get treated correctly, Ripoff Report can get the problem resolved. If not, and the customers is right, the member business will be taken off the Corporate Advocacy Program. Remember, Ripoff Report emailed every customer from the past that filed a complaint to make sure the member business made things right with customers from the past. Again, to err on the side of their customer, those from the past and those in the future.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

----------------------------------------------------------------

HBC Strategies Lake Mary, Florida Nationwide

I left a very decent job to go to HBC in Orlando. The day I was interviewed, and the following day the office was PACKED with people. I was really excited. It was going to be a slight change from what I was doing, but along the same lines, the pay was the same, but the hours were flexible and that appealed to me.  So I was going to accept, and then decided that I really didn't want to risk it.
Fast forward a month, and the I grew a set, and decided that I would give it a try. I started Monday (4 days ago). When I got there, there were 2 other people. I asked them both when the other employees would get there, and they laughed. Upon further inquiry, I found out that the 2 days I was there for the interview and the follow up they had hired TEMPS to make the office look good to prospective clients AND employees. Long story short was that FedEx had dropped them as a client (end of 2014, not sure when) and they had to change the name from HBC Facilities to HBC Strategies. Laid everyone off that worked there, and filed bankruptcy as HBC Facilities.

So I thought I would tough it out, and see what was going to become of it, at least until I could call my old boss.Well it was 4 days of sheer hell. Cary (Owner) has his head so far up his own a*s it's not even funny. You should see the string of failed business and destruction behind him.
EVERY 2nd call was from a vendor wanting to get paid, it was pathetic. I was instructed to advise the caller that accounts payable was away from their desk, and to have the person leave a voice mail.
When I asked why we didn't pay our vendors I got this lecture about how 'they are not properly presenting the invoice'. Anytime they explained something, it always sounded as if they were trying to convince themselves, and not me. So I decided today after talking to my partner at lunch that I would quit. I got to my desk typed up the email, and the phone rang, I answered it (and it was of course someone looking for payment) when I hang up, this kid walks up to my desk and told me my services were no longer needed. I asked him flat out," were you monitoring my email?" and he said yes. I knew that was it because I still had it open as a draft, didn't even get a chance to send it.

I was at the same place for 5 years, and I will be right back there Monday. Thank God for small family run businesses.

To the people looking to obtain payment, I would try these numbers and emails:

Cary Siegel (owner): csiegel@hbcstrategies.com

Mike Brown (COO) (678) 644-8864 or mbrown@hbcstrategies.com

Bob Steinberg (Field Services Manager)
bsteinberg@hbcstrategies.com

JP (Boy wonder/ IT/ owners Pet)  jdewey@hbcstrategies.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2015 06:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hbc-strategies-trusted-business-ripoff-report-verified-businesses-you-can-trust-hbc-the-only-maintenance-and-construction-provider-you-will-ever-need-hbc-a-provider-of-world-class-facility-maintenance-and-construction-services-hbc-has-a-strategic-advantage-by-improving-quality-reducing-cost-and-eliminating-hassles/nationwide/hbc-strategies-lake-mary-florida-nationwide-1222972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

They are ripping off vendors

AUTHOR: Asphalt Contractor - (USA)

Everything that the above HBC Strategies ex-employee stated is 100% true.  I had to sue the property owner to get paid and they did pay me thanks to the lien laws.  I had to walk away from $30,000 and it makes me sick that they are still operating in out of the opulent office in Florida. Stay away from HBC

Yet another Satisfied customer, I see....

AUTHOR: - ()

To the gentlman who posted below, I am so sorry that you've not been paid what I am sure is owing. Please find some solace in the fact that you are not alone. As I stated in my original report, these people are scum. Plain and simple. It is amazing to me that they chose to operate in this fashion when doing the right thing really does not cost more. If you are still looking for contact information, I might be able to help, a little. HBC currently has 4 active lawsuits against them, 2 filed in the last 2 weeks. The names of thier attorney are on there, and you may be able to find some more contact information, as well:

I wish you the best of luck, sir. No one deserves to be treated like this.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Total scam deadbeat company

AUTHOR: Solid - (USA)

This company is elusive and deceptive! I am owed 51 jobs. I am probably one of the many who called this ex employee. They will not pay and somehow think that taking my material money and payroll is okay never mind they made a percent of the whole job. This is white collar crime and they are still at it. I have been updated by recent companies

Bring it on.

AUTHOR: - ()

Well, considering I am (thankfully) back at the place I left to come work for HBC, I would say you're wrong on that point. I love the reference to substance abuse, too, charming. But just like your disgruntled vendors who have not received payments: plus.google.com/111853256843761448377 Or the ones who have had to SUE HBC only to have them not show up in court, and recieve a default judgment: seminoleclerk.org/CivilDocket/case_lookup.jsp?CaseYear=&CourtType=__&CaseSeq=&LastName=HBC And considering the fact that I have yet to receive my paycheck, I think the we can pretty well determine what the truth is. Also, if your 'legal department' is the same one that just filed a motion to be removed as your representation in the MOST RECENT lawsuit against you, I'll take my chances. So, like I said, BRING IT! :)

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Great Company

AUTHOR: John Lockhardt - (USA)

We've had a great experience working for HBC. Great people. Clearly whoever wrote that is a bit nutty and has too much time on his hands. Oh well.

#6 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Disgruntled ex-employee

AUTHOR: HR Department - (USA)

This was posted by a disgruntled employee who was terminated for non-performance and suspected substance abuse on his third day of employment. His file indicates he was unemployed at the time he was hired, and the notes include his own statement that he quit his prior job because his former employer lied to him and engaged in deceptive business practices. Apparently this gentlemen has an established pattern of failure to perform and slandering his former employers with false accusations after being fired. His post on this site is self-evident proof of his total inability to conduct himself or communicate in a professional, dignified manner. This former employee's false and slanderous public statements have been referred to our legal department. Any and all violations of his signed employment agreement and signed restrictive covenant agreement shall be pursued to the fullest extent of the law. Thank you.