X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Hobert Pools - Richardson Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Parker Texas
  • Hobert Pools 300 S Central Expressway Richardson, Texas U.S.A.

We contracted to build a pool on 5/1/06. Hober pools said to expect 4-6 weeks build time after permitting. They said the 4th of July was doable (8 weeks after signing and 6 weeks after excavation). They claim that most of their pools are built in 4-6 weeks after permitting.

Pool was permitted and excavated on 5/15/06. Pool has made it past the gunite stage and has had the deck poured. This is where construction has stopped. 12 weeks after signing of the contract and 10 weeks after excavation, we are still waiting.

We have left messages with the scheduler - Nate, the foreman - Larry and the salesperson - Monty. No phone calls have been returned. No status is available. As far as we can tell they've just gone away and are ignoring us with a half finished pool but with over $38k of our cash. We did not get a loan for this pool. This was cash from our bank account.

Had I never been through building a pool, I would have assumed this was a normal part of the process. However, I have built 2 pools over the past 8 years. I am very familiar with the process. Bad customer service is not part of the process... ever.

It is now July 25th. They missed the first deadline of 4th of July and they missed the second deadline of July 22nd when we had family coming into town. My daughter starts school in 2 weeks and it appears that she will start school before this pool is finished... meaning they've taken more than the full summer to build a pool (more than 3 months and counting).

They don't return phone calls for weeks and when they do, they lie to you and tell you people will be out the next day... it doesn't happen. Then they lie to you again.

We had friends a mile away start excavation the very same day as our pool. They were swimming by 4th of July... as promised. Their pool builder was Riverbend Sandler.

Don't waste your time or money dealing with these people at Hobert.

Terry
Parker, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2006 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hobert-pools/richardson-texas-75080/hobert-pools-ripoff-richardson-texas-202813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Response to rebuttal

AUTHOR: Terry - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, August 07, 2006
The pool was contracted on May 1 and was excavated on the May 15th as I previously stated. I wrote the check on that date as it was required per the contract when excavation is completed.

There was a delay of 2 days for the inspection due to dogs in the yard. That date is posted still on our permit in the backyard. This process is still not over. The fire pit is not done nor is the final inspection. We do technically have a pool with water in it, however it still took them 3 months and counting. Other pool companies do the same job in 4-6 weeks as Hobert advertises, but does not do.

None of the Hobert's above comments explains the lies they told us day after day nor does it explain the consistent screw-ups that we had to fix.

I'm done with these idiots you should be too. Give me a call, I can now recommend 2 very reputable pool companies that can do exactly what they say, when they say it will be done. I wish I'd done the research before.

response to Terry in Parker

AUTHOR: Management - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, August 04, 2006
To whom it may concern:

We'd like to take the opportunity to respond to the post from Terry in Parker. We certainly understand the time frame frustration that can occur when you try to build a pool when your town is experiencing several days of near 100 degree weather. But fast construction does not necessarily equal quality construction. The actual date of excavation was not May 15th, but actually May 24th. Their pool was plastered July 26th. Basically the pool was complete two months after excavation. We typically complete an average pool in 4-6 weeks. During peak season construction times can stretch a little long. Some delays, however, are beyond our control.

For example we were subject to 2 red tags issued by the city because the inspector could not enter the backyard to complete his inspections. City inspectors will not, as a general rule, enter a backyard when dogs are present. These red tags and subsequent delays amounted to 14 days of build time. According to our job notes, further delays resulted from the city inspector being out of town 4 days in May. Had it not been for these delays, it seems we could have finished the pool in the stated 4-6 weeks.

We value each and every customer and are proud of our reputation for quality timely construction. There is not a pool builder in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex that cares about our relationship with the customer more than Hobert Pools. We have and will continue to stand behind the product and services we offer.

Hobert Pools and Spas