X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Holmes Motors - D'Iberville Mississippi

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: ocean springs Mississippi
  • Holmes Motors 10651 Boney Ave D'Iberville, Mississippi U.S.A.

I purchased my MR Toyota spyder in mid Feb. 2006,by the 1st week in march it was back at Holmes Motors service dept. oil leak, funny smell in engine, engine overheats. Picked up 1 week later, a week after that back to Holmes motors. Since then it's been back to them 4 other times, each time coming home with a new problem we were told last week by the owner Mr. Bill Holmes that they would make it good. Well, one week and 4 months later they call tell us it's ready 399.00 after we paid toyota 105.00 for a dignostic it's ready.... Well, I picked it up today, didn't even get out of the driveway when what do I see, now my check engine light is on. they check it out it's missing sparks or something like that..... has anyone else had problems with them? please let me know

Tara
ocean springs, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2006 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/holmes-motors/diberville-mississippi-39564/holmes-motors-cars-with-no-warranty-the-longer-they-repair-the-worse-it-gets-dibe-203086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
7Consumer
0Employee/Owner

holmes motors full of crap once again

POSTED: Monday, August 07, 2006
Well, as you can plainly see my car was picked up. Does it work, you ask? HECK NO!!!! It will now be at Allen Toyota for a complete work up. Hopefully something will be resolved.

I was able to get the used parts and a complete history of everything they've done. Although over the weekend I was about to vacuum the car and notice cigarete butts (large) in the center floor board in front of the ashtray. No one in my family smokes. It's very upsetting that someone would have the nerve to smoke in a customers car.

These people are lying cheating scum and to think that Mr. Bill Holmes runs the Ms Coast Colliseum. hat a crook.

I only found one TSB that may help you

POSTED: Thursday, July 27, 2006
If the Check Engine light gives up a P0300 code, it may be covered by Toyota up to 96 months/80K miles. Toyota has a replacement ECM for the car. When it goes bad, it will give the code for random misfire. If nothing else can be found to be in error, Toyota will replace the ECM as a warranty issue.

You should never have the place you bought the car do any repairs themselves. They set themselves up so they'll keep making money off you. When they say the job is worth $400, it means they have $200 in it, and want you to pay all of it. Always use a mechanic you trust, not the carlot.

Have another mechanic look at your car.

Holmes Motors head gasket is turning me into a basket case

POSTED: Thursday, July 27, 2006
My spyder is a 2001 MR2 Toyota, manual. Thanks ya'll for your help and suggestions. I should have written four months ago, perhaps that would have saved me alot of time and frustration.

Holmes motors ripoff

POSTED: Thursday, July 27, 2006
I'm not sure if they did a dye test or not, but we were told that it was a head gasket that was in June however almost August with nothing resolved.

Need more details Tara

POSTED: Thursday, July 27, 2006
What model year is your Spyder? Which engine do you have. Manual or automatic?

Post this info and I will tell you about your car. The funny smell is probably connected to the oil leak. The valve cover gaskets turn to brick after a couple years, and leak like a sieve. The misfire may also be related to the valve cover. The spark plugs go through the valve cover and if the seals around the plug tubes get hard, they also leak. The oil around the spark plugs will cause a misfire.

Need more details Tara

POSTED: Thursday, July 27, 2006
What model year is your Spyder? Which engine do you have. Manual or automatic?

Have you had it dye-tested?

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, July 26, 2006
From your brief description it sounds like a head gasket. There is a simple test that can reveal exhaust gases in your coolant. I take it you bought something that someone else dumped for good reason.

1.Find a good mechanic who knows how to find problems instead of guessing. Ask around.

2. Once found, don't get cheap on him. Give him all your business, and trust him to buy your parts.

3.No problems with that model that I've seen.

4.Hope Robert sees your post.