X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Home Depot # 1967 - Bryant Millner - Mattoon Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Alamogordo New Mexico
  • Home Depot # 1967 - Bryant Millner 1301 Fort Worth Way Mattoon, Illinois U.S.A.

Home Depot # 1967 Manager And Home Depot Complaint Bryant Millner Home Depot Refund Policy a joke Mattoon Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Customer Satisfaction??

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
On Jan. 5th 2009 I purchased a Homilite generator for $600.00 from Home Depot in Aberdeen,WA to run the power in my semi-truck.I drive alot of the northern states. When I got to South Dakota the generator would not start, it was 8 degrees outside but when I got to the lower states it started first pull.

I used the generator 2 times in 30 days. I was unable to start it any other time. I payed $2500 to have my generator repaired on my truck and decided to return the Homelite generator but was denied by the manager Chuck that told me it was "ran in the ground" and he is denying my refund even with the reciept . By the way, it started first pull.

I contacted Bryant Millner at the Home Depot Complaint department and told him I would gladly e-mail pictures so he could see the generator. Bryant put me on hold for 3min to call Chuck in Mattoon,IL, when he got back to me he told me my generator was unsellable before recieving my pictures. The only thing wrong with the generator is a $5.00 missing gascap. I would have gladly taking $10.00 off the refund amount.

I guess Home Depot can care less about there customers. What-ever happened to customer satisfaction. I guess that went out the door when the corporation got big enough that there customers didnt matter anymore.

Matthew
Alamogordo, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2009 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/home-depot-1967-bryant-millner/mattoon-illinois-61938/home-depot-1967-manager-and-home-depot-complaint-bryant-millner-home-depot-refund-policy-422603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Customer Satisfaction??

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Yea you are correct they have no customer service, because the customer is always right. After all you bought a generator and used it twice. Then you had your truck generator fixed you decide to return it since you didn't need it anymore. However, you are such a great customer you were gracious enough that you were willing to let them deduct an entire $10 for the cost of a $5 Gas Cap.

I guess since you are so great and they are a big "evil" corporation, you expect them to just "eat" the cost of the generator. Because there is no way they could legally re-sell it as new. There may also be laws that keep them from reselling it at all because it is a Gas generator and was used.

Also, curious as to what date you attempted to return it.
Per their return policy they state that
"Gasoline-powered equipment may be returned within 30 days of purchase with a valid sales receipt. After 30 days, item may be sent out for repair at the customer's expense, unless covered under warranty."

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair