X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: HomeAndWine.com - Woodstock Georgia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: San Ramon California
  • HomeAndWine.com 1426 Towne Lake Parkway Woodstock, Georgia U.S.A.

HomeAndWine.com Failed to deliver order, cancelled order, then failed to refund Woodstock Georgia

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Mid November I ordered some wine aerators from www.homeandwine.com. Paid using PayPal. When the order failed to arrive I followed up with customer support. They informed me that they could not fufill my ordere 'due to an issue that we have had with PayPal since early last month'. They went on to state that, in addition, they had reserved me what I had ordered at Buy.com (only now at a higher price).

They recommended that if I was no longer interested in the product to file a dispute with PayPal for 'non-delivery'.

I filed a claim with PayPal who decided in my favor. However, since I didn't shop at eBay, PayPal does not guarantee refunding my money. They only state that 'if money becomes available in the HomeAndWine account they will refund my money'. PayPal 'due to privacy agreements' could not confirm whether or not they still do business with HomeAndWine. I doubt I'll ever see my money back through PayPal.

HomeAndWine has since become an Amazon web store and no longer provides any contact information on their web-pages. The street address on the original web-site appears to be a strip mall with many businesses.

I am currently Ripped-Off - twice. First by HomeAndWine. Secondly by believing that PayPal protected me while shopping on-line. Be sure you read the fine print with PayPal before shopping anywhere but eBay! Avoid HomeAndWine if you value your money.

Sally
San Ramon, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/homeandwinecom/woodstock-georgia-30189/homeandwinecom-failed-to-deliver-order-cancelled-order-then-failed-to-refund-woodstock-411052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair