X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Household Auto Finance - City Of Industry California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: APO, AE Europe
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Household Auto Finance P. O. Box 60115, City Of Industry, CA 91716-0115 City Of Industry, California U.S.A.

Household Auto Finance ripoff towards soldiers and sailors relief act of soldiers serving in hostile zone. City Of Industry California

*Consumer Suggestion: If you obtained your loan PRIOR to enlisting then you are eligible.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

We are a military family. Have been financing with Household Auto finance since 1999 with our van at a rate of 21.5%. We dont have excellent credit but no bad either. Never made a late payment, deployed overseas to Europe and from their my husband has been deployed to Iraq since April of 2003. I faxed the new orders of our pcs to Germany and then the new orders for my husband's deployment to Iraq's hostile grounds to Household Auto Finance. They state they cannot honor the solier's and sailors relief act for us because we did not purchase this vehicle before my husband entered the military therefore we are stuck paying twice as much for the vehicle anyway according to them. First of all they would of never financed us if they were not getting a guaranteed payment ever month off of a military paycheck. Secondly, my husband is paying double for a used vehicle and paying dearly with his life for this company to have the freedom they do to charge us a very high interest rate with a guaranteed payment ever month coming out of a government paycheck. Not once have they offered to lower our interest rate even a little, and we cannot get anyone else to refinance us because we live overseas now with the military. He cannot even drive this vehilcle as of now because he is over there fighting for everyone's freedom to walk all over him. What a big rip-off. Signed a Military wife and her family struggling to survive without her spouse and childrens father so everyone can be free to rip us off. Thanks for nothing Household, if we only had known at the time we never would of signed.

Jacob
APO, AE
Germany

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2003 03:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/household-auto-finance/city-of-industry-california-91716-0115/household-auto-finance-ripoff-towards-soldiers-and-sailors-relief-act-of-soldiers-serving-66366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

If you obtained your loan PRIOR to enlisting then you are eligible.

AUTHOR: Jose - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, January 01, 2005

I am also a US soldier and I appreciate your husbands efforts overseas. I am also a customer of household who applied for the Soldier and Sailor relief act and recieved it. Household was correct in what they said. If you obtained your loan PRIOR to enlisting then you are eligible. However, if you obtained AFTER you are not. That's the reg it has nothing to do with household. If you would like to see it you can probably go get one from the base finance office. I would try to refinance your loan.

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair