X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: HOUSEHOLD AUTO FINANCE - SAN DIEGO California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: SHERIDAN Oregon
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • HOUSEHOLD AUTO FINANCE PO BOX 17904 SAN DIEGO, California U.S.A.

HOUSEHOLD AUTO FINANCE ripoff They have since tried getting monies out of this account about six times and they won't stop. SAN DIEGO California

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion

*Author of original report: Household Auto Finance Corp.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

We informed hosehold auto finance that we sold out vehicle and that the dealership, would be paying off the car. We asked them to stop taking payments out of our checking account and they have repeatedly kept taking the money, causing us over draft fees of 28 dollars per transaction.

July, 2003, I sent them a statement allowing my wife, to have access to this account, allowing them to discuss account business with her at any given time. Each time she called she was treated rudely and not given the inmformation asked for, and the company claimed we needed to send them something in writing, which we did.

When we call to get them to stop taking the money again and again they say we need to call the dealership and get the funds from them...Does that make sense?
They have since tried getting monies out of this account about six(6) times and they wont stop. I have written a request to stop payment and they will not stop.

Maximiliano
SHERIDAN, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2004 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/household-auto-finance/san-diego-california-972177-7904/household-auto-finance-ripoff-they-have-since-tried-getting-monies-out-of-this-account-abo-98726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jose - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, December 31, 2004

I would ask the dealer that paid off your car WHEN they paid off your vehicle. Ths is important because I have been told that the payoff amount changes almost on a daily basis. This means that the amount that was told to your dealer on the day that you called could be different from the amount on the day that HAFC recieved the payment. Let me say that I am in no way defending HAFC I have them and they are royal pain in my rear. However, that is what they told me when I asked about payoff info.

Household Auto Finance Corp.

AUTHOR: Maximiliano - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, July 15, 2004

I had recently filed a complaint against HAFC, better known as Household Auto Finance Corporation.

This is an update as of July 15,2004. I just talked to HAFC about electronic debits they are continuing to put through my account. After receiving our payoff quote from the new car dealership, in the amount of 11837.96. They claim we still owe them 403.00. How can they accept the pay-off amount and still charge monies that are no longer owed?

They refused to stop payment of the electronic withdrawal, and I am being charged 56.00 every day that they try and get these funds.

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair