What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair

Complaint Review: Hydropool - Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Toronto Ontario
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Hydropool hydropoolspas.com/ Nationwide U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

In Nov 29 2002 I purchased Hydropool's 700 model + trimmings, approximately $15,000CDN all in delivery installation etc.

Jan 2006 the motor and some switch started acting up just 2 months after the warranty period expired.
They waited until after the extreme cold period to finally replace.They came to fix and an $800 bill followed.

I suggested to the folks who fixed it that such a major item dying so soon after the warranty period must be a manufacturing problem.

Please note that this is over and above the other problems like the jets falling out that I have had and still have on occasion due to faulty manufacturing or the faulty massage jets.

As I understand it, Hydropool was approached and the answer was quite simply tough it is out of the warranty period. I also tried sending an email to Htdropool twice and received absolutely no response!

I would suggest hot tub motors should last longer than 3 years and 2 months. If I recall when I purchased the hot tub many if not all of Hydropools competitors were giving a warranty of 5 years. My big mistake!

Given this problem Hydropool has with their motors and substandard warranty, I would definitely not ever recommend their product or their customer service ever to any enemies, friends, family or otherwise at anytime.

Unless of course they want to spend $800 every 3 years on a new motor.

Scott
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2007 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hydropool/nationwide/hydropool-insufficient-warranty-and-faulty-motors-toronto-ontario-228986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Exact same problem, easy fix!

AUTHOR: Sampsonhottub - (Canada)

POSTED: Monday, May 30, 2011

I had the exact same problem with the same manufacturer.  I took the pump to my dealer, (London, Ontario) and they fixed it right there on the spot.  It cost a total of $162, for new bearings, seal and impeller.  It was out of warranty, and I did not expect it to be covered (not sure why you do).  I find out pump seals are a relatively common issue, and if caught early a really easy fix.  I appologize if you expected a company to cover your warranty after is is over.  The jets?  I was pissed of too, until I went to another dealership with another manufacturer and found out that this was common for tubs during that time frame.  They have a new jet now that is much better, and never had a problem since.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Consumer Suggestion: Don't Be Silly

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, January 05, 2007

Don't expect companies to fix things under warranty longer than the warranty on the product.

That, my friend, is life. People aren't going to warranty a product to make you giggle.