X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Illinois Farmers Insurance; Lafond Agency...Rude, Incompetent, Gougers - Flossmoor Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Steger IL
  • Illinois Farmers Insurance; Lafond Agency...Rude, Incompetent, Gougers Governor's Hwy. Flossmoor, Illinois U.S.A.

Illinois Farmers Insurance Lafond Agency Rip-off Rude Incompetent Gougers Flossmoor Illinois

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
My husband and I had both our vehicles covered through Farmers Insurance since 1996 and our Homeowners with them shortly after. Farmers consistently raised our auto rates every six months, and jacked up our Homeowners rates annually also, even though we had never made a claim.

That, coupled with the fact that whenever I had to call to change coverage to a new vehicle or ask a question, they were just plain rude, I decided to change Insurance Companies.

I called Farmers Lafond Agency on February 18th, to ask that my Homeowners be cancelled on February 22nd. (The same day my auto policies would expire).

Now, I didn't expect them to be polite, they had never been before, but the woman didn't even give me a chance to make sure she understood my request before hanging up on me. So I called back again to verify that the insurance would remain in effect until the 22nd.

Well today, I got a notice of cancellation informing me that my Homeowner's was cancelled on the 18th! Good thing my house didn't burn down! Not only that, but they kept $49 of the money I should have gotten back with no explanation. If that was a cancellation fee, $49 seems quite excessive. Needless to say...I'll NEVER deal with Farmers again!

Lewis
Steger, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2003 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/illinois-farmers-insurance-lafond-agencyrude-incompetent-gougers/flossmoor-illinois/illinois-farmers-insurance-lafond-agency-rip-off-rude-incompetent-gougers-flossmoor-illino-46787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair