Complaint Review: Infinity Loan LLC - washington dc

Infinity Loan LLC over drew my checking account $5000+ washington dc

*Author of original report: Rewording

*Consumer Comment: Do you see the problem

*Consumer Comment: It's a scam

I applied for a loan for $1500. they called me saying they were going to deposit money in my account and I needed to go get google play cards or iTunes cards for the amounts that they were depositing in my account. I thought that was weird because I had never been asked for anything like that before so I went ahead and got the cards. after him asking me to go get cards for the 4th or 5th time I said no. 3 days later I found out my account is overdrawn by over 5000. they went into my account and reversed every transaction they put in my account after I did what they asked. this has put me to the point it overdrew my account so much I am losing everything I own. house car and it has caused a divorce..... but yet the whole time I was being reassured that it was not a scam or fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2018 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/infinity-loan-llc/washington-dc/infinity-loan-llc-over-drew-my-checking-account-5000-washington-dc-1468943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Rewording

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (United States)

They told me they needed to verify my account by putting money in it. The loan I was trying to get was to cover vehicle repair charges and yeah if I had that kind of money I wouldn't have even filed for it.

Do you see the problem

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States)

This is really sad, and unfortunatly you are in this because you let your common sense get overridden by you looking at a way to get some money and this is what these scammers rely on.

- Why if you thought it was weird would yo ugo ahead and do it?

- Actually they didn't reverse them. Your bank did due to fraudlement actiivty. As the funds were either stolen or otherwise invalid transactions. If the only thing that happens from the bank is that they want you to pay the money back, You are lucky as the could technically file criminal fraud charges on you.

so much I am losing everything I own. house car and it has caused a divorce
- Again sad, but that is not your issue.  If your spouse does not stick with you then that is their problem.  You should also talk to your lenders to see if they can work something additional out for you.

but yet the whole time I was being reassured that it was not a scam or fraud.
- So if you are being scammed what is a scammer more likely to tell you
   1) "Oh yes I am a scammer, and am going to take you for every dollar I can"
   2) "Of course I am not a scammer and this is totally legitimate"

Not that this will help this, but in the future. If anyone you personally do not know asks you to accept electronic deposits or for you to deposit a check in your acount and send them back any funds by any method. You can guarantee it is a scam..regardless of how convincing they sound.

Good Luck

It's a scam

AUTHOR: Chaiya - (United States)

What you said is a type of loan scam. If a creditor is going to loan you anything, the creditor would have already deducted the amount of mney before giving you the money.

However, I also think that your report is seriously incomplete because many points don't make sense.

1. 1. You said you asked for $1,500 loan, but the creditor asked you to purchase iTune card at the same amount of what you want to get a loan for, and you did bought the card. If you already had that kind of money to buy the card, why did you need to make a loan at that amount?
  2. 2. Nothing in your report mentioned anything about you giving them ACH information. How could, all of the sudden, the transactions were reversed?
  3. 3. You stated that the loan was $1,500, but then at the end of your report you were talking about overdrawn over $5,000.

So I'm still not sure whether I would believe what you said.