X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: International Library Of Poetry - Owings Mills Maryland

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Manassas Virginia
  • International Library Of Poetry 1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

International Library Of Poetry 7 Years Ago I Was Scammed by International Library of Poetry: They Say You've Won, Then Hard Sell You On Their Book! If You Don't Buy, You Can Say "Bye-Bye!" Owings Mills Maryland

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I was shocked to see this company in the Ripoff Report front page ticker - then it all came back to me.

About 7 years ago, I entered the ILP's phoney poetry contest. I was told I was "one of the top 3," I would receive a cash award, and my poem would be printed in the upcoming edition of the ILP's Anthology of Poetry book. Then came the hardsell.

I don't specifically remember speaking with anyone on the phone, but I do remember them sending me stuff in the mail asking me if I wanted to buy their annual Anthology of Poetry, in which ostensibly my poem would appear. The correspondence was very pushy as I remember it.

Well I was satisfied with the possibility of a cash reward, so I declined on the book since it was a hefty $49.95.

Well what do you know, I never heard from them again. Now don't you think if you won a nationwide contest you'd hear from them again? Don't you think a reputable company would send you your cash reward? What a SCAM!

Let me also ask the obvious: Why is this scam company still in business? Why haven't they been found out yet after all this time? Prosecuted for their obvious crimes? Has anyone thought to contact the FBI's Internet Crimes division (http://www.fbi.gov) or the Maryland Attorney General?

Thanks to RipOff Report for providing a forum to expose all these scammers and con artists.

James
Manassas, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2003 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/international-library-of-poetry/owings-mills-maryland-21117/international-library-of-poetry-7-years-ago-i-was-scammed-by-international-library-of-poet-69461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair