X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Internet Advancement Inc - Redmond Washington

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: York Europe
  • Internet Advancement Inc 11601 Willows Road Suite 101 Redmond, Washington U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
We are a small family run English company and we first contacted Internet Advancement in September 2003 in response to some emails regarding being listed on their shopping malls, which later became discussions on Search Engine Optimization.

Everything seemed fine and we signed up to a "special promotional package" - $490 fee, then $39.95 per month. Certain guarantees were given about search engine rankings.

They promptly changed all the keywords to words which were just not right at all and despite us telling them so, they said those words would work, and to leave them as they advised.

Of course, they didn't work - and the whole website nose-dived almost instantly, and it still has not recovered, some 16 months on.

After many months - and many many complaints to them - without avail - despite them saying they would fix everything - and the total nosedive in sales, and of course hits, on our website - I am still trying to get a refund from them. I have a fully documented history of dealings with them - when you can get them to respond, that is - and it shows all the lies and fraud they are involved in.

During this time my husband passed away and Internet Advancememt said they would do some extra things to help make up for things - this was never done .

We are fully entitled to a refund, but when it is mentioned there is always an excuse as to why we don't qualify - our source codes were changed - which is a load of rubbish - or we left it too long to complain and we are now outside of the period in which we could have complained etc etc.

What is so evil about this company is that they not only completely ruin what you did have working, even it wasn't terribly successful - with the result that we have had almost no sales on our site since they fiddled with it - but we have the privilege of paying them to ruin our rankings.

They promise a rankings report every 60 days - you never get one.

I have now been waiting since 31 Dec for another reply from "Jason" but nothing has come yet - I see he has sent wonderful replies to other people as well, from the listings here! I am not now surprised to read on this site that many other people have suffered exactly the same as we have, and been given exactly the same "excuses".

I was told about this site from someone in New Zealand and thought it was worth my time to add my experience.

Adrienne
York
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2005 02:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/internet-advancement-inc/redmond-washington-98052/internet-advancement-biggest-ripoff-ever-lies-deceit-disregard-contract-no-refund-redm-130511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

POSTED: Wednesday, March 23, 2005
I have managed to get all my money back - it has taken a while, but I now have it.

I emailed the Attorney General's Office, and also Better Business Bureau, and they acted IMMEDIATELY - Internet Adv. did agree to a refund straightaway, but it took a while to do it all because I am in England, and the credit card originally used is defunct. But I now have it.
Thanks to these websites and the Attorney General. I wish we had something similar in UK!!

Good luck to everyone else. Don't give up if you are entitled to a refund. They should be stopped from trading, this company.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair