X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Internet Advancement - Bellevue Washington

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: San Francisco California
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Internet Advancement www.internetadvancement.com Bellevue, Washington U.S.A.

Internet Advancement deceptive and confusing guarantee; unwillingness to listen to customer concerens; unable to explain why CSS cannot be uncluded within head tags Bellevue Washington

*Author of original report: WA state Atty. General's office has contacted me

*UPDATE Employee: marketing dude!!!

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

This company wooed me also, and I fell for it. Paid a "special" rate of $750, then revc'd metagtags that were not much different from I had already written. Furthermore, they objected to fact that I insisted on continuing to include my CSS ref. and title tag within HEAD tags, explaining that I had "altered" the tags they gave me. It was never explained to me why having these elements would mess up their "sophisticated" search engine technology!

I too have have asked for a refund and recv'f the standard "I nullified the contract" because of the inlcusion of CSS ref and the title tag. They have NEVER answered why these inclusions are a problem. What BS! I happen to know that they have refunded one customer who had similar problems after he had contacted the BBB in Belluve.

Seems to me that a lawsuit is looming.

Dida
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2003 07:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/internet-advancement/bellevue-washington/internet-advancement-deceptive-and-confusing-guarantee-unwillingness-to-listen-to-custome-72996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

WA state Atty. General's office has contacted me

AUTHOR: Dida - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, May 15, 2004

An investigation of IA is underway by the Consumer Protection dept. of Washington State's Attorney General Office. I was contacted directly by the investigator. I sent her a link to the substantial number of complaints listed here, and filled her in some more on my issues (explaining CSS, for example). IA owes me $1000 at this time. Still no idea if I'll get a refund.

Having just reviewed a book on SEO, I am even further convinced that their "spoofing" tactics are blarney. I'm happy to see some momentum gaining against this company.

Good luck to all of us who have been ripped off by IA.

marketing dude!!!

AUTHOR: Stephen - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, March 01, 2004

obviously you didnt read the contract, if you did then you would have answers to your own questions. and as everyone knows who we sign up that we are not perfect, if we were you would have made money, simple marketing, maybe its time for you to start high school again cuz honstly you are a moron if you think 15 words that get searched for 1 time per day, that you will make money, or the reverse if its searched 5,000 you will make money, grow up and take your crappy website and sell it, youll make some money there, best investment for your site, SELL IT !!!!!!! and to all you other morons read all fine print so you dont screw yourselves like this moron, and blame your faults on other people...

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair