X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: INVENT-TECH/MR.SEAN RICHARDS/MR.EDDIE RODRIDGUS - CORAL GABLES Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: NEW ORLEANS Louisiana
  • INVENT-TECH/MR.SEAN RICHARDS/MR.EDDIE RODRIDGUS 2655LEJEUNE ROAD CORAL GABLES, Florida U.S.A.

INVENT-TECH MR.SEAN RICHARDS MR.EDDIE RODREGUS ripoff STOLE MY INVENTION & SOLD IT TO ANOTHER COMPANY ripoff liars CORAL GABLES Florida

*Consumer Comment: Pti does the same thing, STEALS FROM PEOPLE!!!!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

*Consumer Comment: not finished ..who wrote in and saved me from getting ripped

*UPDATE Employee: Re:INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW

*Consumer Comment: INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW

*Consumer Comment: Everyone has an opinion, the end result will reveal the truth!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: Re: Thank you all for the WARNINGS. From: Risk

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Thank you all for the WARNINGS.

*Consumer Comment: Tammy, William & Valerie, Invent-Tech Supporters, lies the trap of asking for outrageous amounts of money to actual go forward to get a patent. Their commercial makes it seem so very simple.

*Consumer Comment: why not report

*Consumer Suggestion: Attention TAMMY & BILL HILL, glad you are happy with them but did it ever accure to you you are the only one?

*Consumer Comment: letter to be known

*Consumer Comment: It Takes Money To Make Money!

*Consumer Comment: got a little suspicious so I researched the internet and found your responses. Thank you!

*Consumer Comment: I too am a victim of Invent-Tech

*Consumer Comment: seems like you must use your smarts...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Tyrone missed the bigger picture ..created a foolproof scam dancing around the courts and has no idea of business ethics.

*Consumer Comment: Thinking of submitting an idea, ...not the first indication, I heard of Invent-Tech not being ligitimate

*UPDATE Employee: Invent-Tech does not steal inventions

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I was victimized by a major technologie company call Ivent/Tech.On August,2000, I called the company from a t.v. ad. there I spoke to Mr. Sean Richards. We then started talking about the company and what they have to offer.

He told me that they offers free patent search and free patent if they thought that the ideal was wroth something. So as I told him my invention he agreed to do a patent search to see if no-one had the same ideal as mine. No one did so then he told me he would patent it for me.

And I told him ok you you can patent it for me and he did. Then he exspland to me that my invention would not be stolen or copyed, so in other words it was safe.

Well he mailed me all of the pappers I needed even A certificate with my name on it along with the projects name also.

sO AFTER THAT HE WAS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME IF HE FOUND SOMEONE TO INVEST IN WITH MY INVENTION, OR I came up with the money to get it started.

So as Im trying to get started I see my invention at a store. I calls the company to talk to Mr.Richards just to find out he was gone. But theres so much more to this couse I come to find out that he was still there. Please call me and leave message or E-MAIL me to get more info about this nightmare. THANK YOU.

TYRONE
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2003 05:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/invent-techmrsean-richardsmreddie-rodridgus/coral-gables-florida-33134-5846/invent-tech-mrsean-richards-mreddie-rodregus-ripoff-stole-my-invention-sold-it-to-anot-42388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
23Consumer
2Employee/Owner

Pti does the same thing, STEALS FROM PEOPLE!!!!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, March 23, 2005
I was ripped of by Patent & Trademark Institute of America also Known As InventorsHelpline.com, they also have a seperate company like Invent Tech for so called "Licensing" inventions, this seperate company is put in place to avoid compliance with the American Inventors Protection Act of 1999, this law was suppose to stop the scam artists, but as scam artists do they found a LOOPHOLE and use it to continue to commit ROBBERY against people. These people are nothing but Crimminals Dressed As Kind Individuals That Will Lend A Hand.

THE HAND THAT THEY EXTEND TO YOU IS FOR "TAKING YOUR MONEY AND THEN PUTTING IT IN THIER POCKET AND LAUGHING AT YOU AND CALLING YOU A SUCKER!!

Also when a thief wants money from you OF COURSE THEY WILL BE NICE TO YOU!!!, THAT IS SALESMAN/THIEF 101, NEVER LET THE CUSTOMER/VICTIM WALK AWAY!!!

This is the bottom line.

1) Inventor see commercial get exited and make call.

2) Salesman tell lie and take Inventors money and put in pocket.

3) Inventor get USELESS PAPER

4) Salesman send more Useless Paper

5) Inventor send more money

6) Salesman take Inventors Money and put in pocket

7) Inventor get more USELESS PAPER

8) Inventor send more money

9) Salesman take Inventors Money and put in pocket

10) Salesman send more USELESS PAPER

11) Inventor BROKE HAVE NO MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!

12) Salesman GO AWAY NOT CALL ANYMORE

13) INVENTOR LEFT BROKE SITTING NEXT TO SMALL STACK OF USELESS PAPER!!!!!!!

14) SALESMAN LIVE GOOD!!!!! NICE HOUSE!!!! NICE CAR!!!!

15) SALESMAN MOVE ONTO NEXT VICTIM!!!!

16) INVENTOR POOR HAVE TO TAKE THE BUS!!!!

If you WANT to STICK with THEM . Remember the bottom line!!!!!!!!!

#24 Consumer Suggestion

U.S.A."

Leslie Hecker used to be Invent Tech's hot shot lawyer, that is until she was disbarred. Now she is just another flunky, reduced to being a stooge doing damage control for Invent Tech.

Do you have issues with Invent Tech? If so feel free to call or perhaps even visit her.

(561) 274-4078

I am the Executive Director of www.InventorEd.org. InventorEd www.InventorEd.org is an IRS approved 501 (c) 3 non profit whose mission is to educate aspiring inventors.

We aggressively fight invention promotion fraud. Every year thousands of aspiring inventors are victims of invention promotion fraud. Collectively
they lose over $300 million dollars a year. Most people so victimized take three to five years to discover what has happened. To see if you are using a questionable invention promotion company go to www.InventorEd.org/caution.

Information for new inventors is available at www.InventorEd.org/novice/.

InventorEd-L hosts a number of discussion groups for inventor-entrepreneurs. Inventors-L is for general discussions about how to proceed with your
invention.

If you have been suckered by an invention promoter and are looking for help in recovering your money or simply to shut down the promoter you should join our fraud discussion group, Scammed@InvEd.org and follow the directions at www.InventorEd.org/scam/ to file complaints.

Follow the directions to subscribe at: http://www.inventored.org/forums/.

You can make a difference. If you want to play a role in crimping the style of invention promoting frauds please volunteer. We will show you how to
gather information and we have contacts with numerous agencies to place that information.

Please remember that InventorEd is a non profit which depends on volunteers and donations. If you lack money remember that your contribution of time is just as valuable as money.

#23 Consumer Suggestion

#22 Consumer Suggestion

#21 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Chevonne - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, January 19, 2005
Hello All,

I just put the check in the mail for $695.00 an hour ago. I came back from lunch and researched the company, and thank you. I ran back to the post-office and got my check back.

I know it was more to the picture. Invent-tech kepts calling me everyday for that money. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Question? I know that my idea will make a lot of money. What can I do next to get started.

not finished ..who wrote in and saved me from getting ripped

AUTHOR: Aaron - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, January 14, 2005
I was over it and threw all my info away, including the stuff I recieved from Invent Tech., which I never opened. A couple of days ago I recieved a call from invent tech and hung up on them. They called back and I answered telling them I was uninterested in what they had to offer because of what I had been through with Davison. He gave me a shpeel about how legit they are and how they don't need my bussiness they just wanna help me out. I asked him to send me a list of success stories which he skirted around. At the end of our conversation he said he would send me new info. I agreed and became some what open minded. Later while online I decided to do some research on invent tech and came across your sight, which reconfirmed my thoughts on these jerks. All you suckers giving your money away, look at thier web site there are no success stories just people in the works. Thanks to every one who wrote in and saved me from getting ripped.

Re:INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW

POSTED: Thursday, December 16, 2004
Hi Jeanette,

Jeanette: My question is, why hasn't anything been done about this company?

Rigon: Because they run a legal operation. Totally legitimate and have it setup up very professionally.

The only thing is Jeanette, it's not what's on the outside, the T.V commercials, the binder with all the marketing fluff, cd and dvd discs, and brochures that people should be looking at, it's the people who work for this company and how they deceive innocent hard working Americans out of their money. That is what Invent-Tech is all about, not making you money, but laughing all the way to the bank with yours.

Jeanette: Are they scamming people within the limits of the law and therefore are untouchable?

Rigon: Pretty much... It's what they say to the consumer over the phone that upsets those who've been taken for their money. Invent-Tech portray themselves as the victim from people who are trying to scheme or defraud THEM! Check out this site that Invent-Tech has for those people who are ready to back out from sending in money.

Jeanette: In spite of the few who have good things to say about Invent- Tech, the majority of the rebuttals are against them. If it were not for me enlighting some of my family and friends of what I have learned about Invent-Tech from this sight, they would have maybe fallen victim to their scam, at least the initial part of it.

Rigon: It's not very hard to figure out, a few FOR and many AGAINST Invent-Tech. Well...their "FUD" page says the opposite. This "FUD" page is rather amusing I'd say.

Jeanette: Everyone feels their ideas are good ones, so some are willing to take a chance, but not to the tune of $845-$4000

Rigon: Of course they take a chance. Invent-Tech makes it so appealing that you would just hate to think that you missed out on the greatest opportunity of your life. Once they know you're nibbling that bait you're not too far from being reeled in. The $645 or $895 that you send in for the portfolio is just their way of getting warmed up for the bigger bite...right out of your pocket.

Jeanette: Is there anyone that know if some legal course of action is in the works to stop this company from ripping people off? Even those who gave favorable rebuttals on Invent-Techs behalf.

Rigon: Invent-Tech needs to change the way they conduct business. They know to what extent they can push this. It's up to the consumer to make an intelligent decision, either learn from others' mistakes or become the example.

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW

AUTHOR: Jeanette - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, December 14, 2004
Since posting my comments about Invent-Tech a few years ago, I have been kept up to date with the various comments from others. Thank God, I did not return the paperwork because I was headed off by a news cast I heard that happen to be doing a special report on Invent-Tech.

My question is, why hasn't anything been done about this company?Are they scamming people within the limits of the law and therefore are untouchable?

Everyone feels their ideas are good ones, so some are willing to take a chance, but not to the tune of $845-$4000. Is there anyone that know if some legal course of action is in the works to stop this company from ripping people off? Even those who gave favorable rebuttals on Invent-Techs behalf.

Everyone has an opinion, the end result will reveal the truth!!!

AUTHOR: Kaliek - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, December 13, 2004
Re: Invent-Tech, attention all inventors, if it sounds too good to be true, than most likely, it's not true. Unless Invent-Tech can prove me wrong, which would make a lot of inventors happy, and reassured, they might as well toss in the towel, because their a new sheriff in town, so to speak...

First, I will defend the inventor, Tyrone, New Orleans, Louisiana, regarding the statement made by employee of Invent Tech, Leslie, from Miami Florida. Second, I will like to commend John, Miami, Florida, former employee of Invent-Tech, who had the courage to be a reliable, and honest individual while enlightening the inventors, about the real scam. Third, I will back up John's statement, with my own personal experience with Invent Tech, New Project Director, Anthony Pierce. Fourth, I will recommend a Patent Lawyer that I'm using by the name of, K. Clyde Vanel, for my fellow inventors. Finally, I will enable Invent-Tech to prove that these statements in which is mentioned above by the inventors, that include myself, the employee, and the former employee have no merit. If Invent-Tech proves otherwise, than the public with be informed with my update, but if not I will keep my report posted at, Rip-Off Report, on behalf of all inventors. Hopefully, the State Attorney General, for the state of Florida, will recommend that John, former employee of Invent-Tech be given an opportunity to run as the New Project Director, or someone similar, who has integrity. Otherwise, I will recommend to the Better Business Bureau, in Southeast, Florida that Invent-Tech, be shut down, until the business is brought up to standards professionally.
1) Invent-Tech Rebuttal: On 07/01/03, the employee of Invent-Tech, Leslie from Miami, Florida, stated that, " In any event, Tyrone is incorrect when he states the company "Patent" his invention. The company never offered Patents as a service."
On 12/09/04, I spoke with Invent-Tech, New Project Director, Anthony Pierce. He said, " The patent lawyer cost was included in the $845.00 fee, that you have to send for the Invention Research Portfolio." He also stated, " A Patent Lawyer would cost anywhere from $1,200.00 - $3,000.00, but that they get a cheaper rate because the company does a lot of business with them." This remark was made because I wanted to see, if I could hire my own Patent Lawyer, in order to save money. I have a document from Invent-Tech, in writing that states
$845.00 is require for the Invention Research Portfolio, in which include the Patent Lawyer. What a bargain, they're very persuasive, for someone who doesn't know better.
Now, back to Leslie, what was you saying about your company not offering Patent, as a service. You did set the record straight. Either you, or your employer is a liar. In any case, lying to the client, or the consumer makes bad business. People, inventors, and consumers alike depend on Invent-Tech to be loyal. If you won't be loyal to the person making the invention, what makes you think the person buying the invention, is going to trust you, unless they have a sucker, in their mouth. I'm not talking about your clients; I'm talking about a lollipop. Leslie, do you want people to become skeptical about Invent-Tech? Have you every watched The Apprentice? Like Donald Trump would say, Leslie, "You're fired!" Now, go get in the yellow cab, and tell your lies to the driver. I doubt if he would believe you, but I bet he'll take your money.
2) Invent-Tech Rebuttal Update: On 11/19/03, the former employer of Invent-Tech, John, from Miami, Florida, elaborated on the real scam of Invent-Tech. In fact, as of 12/09/04 I'm currently experiencing "deja vu," with Invent-Tech; concerning everything John said. He further backs up Tyrone's statement in an indirect, but modest, and helpful way. John says, " The scam is to sell them a completely worthless 'marketing' campaign." He talks about the following.
A)"Marketing Analysis."
B)$845.00 for the "Invention Research Portfolio." Note, I was told by the New Project Director, Anthony Pierce, that Invent-Tech, loved my idea. However, I heard nothing regarding the price being reduced to $645.00, in which is mention by John.
C)$4,000 for "Marketing Cost."
D)"Here is why the salesman (New Project Director) earn the big bucks."
3) I had a personal experience of my own, with
Invent -Tech, New Project Director, Anthony Pierce. I've been dealing with Anthony, for about one year, concerning one of my inventions. I've already gone through the first procedure, of many, that Invent-Tech has. I've obtained my Invention Technologies Incorporates Certificated, on 02/02/04. It has my name, my invention name, the new project director's name, the president's name, certificate number, and date on it. Very impressive, all the certificate is missing is a notarized, stamped seal from the United States Patent and Trademark Office, in which should be mandatory. I recently spoke with Anthony, on 12/09/04, he told me, that "The Company will manage me." He also said, "The Company will fly me to my destination to meet the investor, free of charge, and they would get 10% percent of what my product sold, because the company invests a bulk of the money for the project." What he should have said, is that he gets 10% percent of the $845.00, and 10% of the $4,000.00, that he was intending on charging me, during the second procedure, which he intentionally neglect to mention.
Hey, we all make mistakes, but some of us have to pay for it. Basically, the inventors, and the consumers are left with the financial burden. Like John, said the new project director is the one who makes the big bucks, off the public. I'm pretty sure that Uncle Sam, doesn't make that much, and if he does, at least he's honest. I bet the consumer knows how much taxes they have to pay without any surprises. I didn't have the funds to pursue my dreams, so Anthony, suggested I ask my family. Now, we are getting somewhere, because he just crosses my line. No one uses my family, for their financial gain, especially in this case, for a scam. Anthony, I tell you the same thing I told Leslie, have you watched the show, The Apprentice. Like Donald Trump, would say, "You're Fires!" John, I thank you on behalf of all the inventors, and consumers.
4) Attention to all inventors you should hire a trust worthy lawyer. I recommend K. Clyde Vanel (Patent Lawyer).
Finally, and I do mean finally (ha--ha). Tammy, from Holyoke, Massachusetts, you're right, it takes money, to make money. You maybe the exception to their rules, that's a one in a thousand client they didn't take advantage of. Pretty much, I feel that I might be a one in a thousand exception, with all the talk about, what I'll spent in comparison to Invent-Tech. However let's not be totally naive about other people comments. These are their experiences with Invent-Tech, and we have to respect their input, as you would want them to respect yours. What ever happen to the customers always right? I guess that went out the window, along with Invent-Tech integrity. I apologize, if I'm wrong, but it seem like the new project director, for Invent-Tech, Anthony Pierce, has his work cut out for him. He has no option, but to attempt to reestablish credit with the inventors, and the consumers, because someone at Invent-Tech made a prodigious mess of things. I have nothing against Anthony; he's an outstanding salesman. At what point do you stop your salesmanship, for the consumer sake, and ask why are my clients dissatisfied. All I asked him was to give me something in writing, verifying what he told me so I could borrow the funds from my family, in which he suggested I do.
He told me, "After the $845.00 was paid, for the Invention Research Portfolio, he would give me the rest of the details in writing." He didn't send anything else in writing; therefore, the project was put to a halt. The only reason, I called again is because I had another invention, and there's not to many people that advertise on television, like Invent-Tech. Maybe the Company can get one of their former inventors, or their affiliates former inventors to vouch for them, provided that anyone was successful. Otherwise, my new project will come to a halt as well, unless I find other avenue to travel. In order to be fair, let's give the president, of Invent-Tech a chance to respond, and redeem their worthiness. Hopefully, the United States Patent, and Trademark Office, offers a solution, with procedures. Don't bother asking me, how many businesses, I shut down, or how many felt the wrath financially; I'm just a concern citizen, who don't mind making the sacrifices. In fact, no one wants to hire me now because of my work history. Oh well... It really doesn't matter; inventing is a hobby for me, but what about people who are really dedicating their lives to inventing. I had to support my fellow inventors, and inform the consumer on what's going on behind closed doors.

#16 Consumer Suggestion

Re: Thank you all for the WARNINGS. From: Risk

POSTED: Thursday, December 02, 2004
Risk: "I've read everything. Yet I'm so full of ideas, I have got to take the risk. I'm desperate right now to get noticed for them. I don't care if it gets lost."

Rigon: This is sort of an oxy-moron statement. You're desperate to get noticed for your ideas, but don't care if you lose them. It sounds to me that you're just desperate to make a fool of yourself and are well on your way.

Risk: "I am yet to find out a legitimate source that yields results. Inventech is the only place that will work with me. ISC will not handle me anymore. Because I tried to submit an idea once and procrastinated to pay anything."

Rigon: Again, you seem to be riding the middle of the fence. You say that there isn't a legitimate source that yields results, uh, hellooo McFly, If you procrastinate how do you expect to get your idea out and yield results? You say Invent-Tech is the only company that will work with you, oh they'll work with you alright, but being that you've procrastinated before just tells me you'll be alright when you find out what you have to shell out of your pocket before they can even start working with you.

Risk: "If you do find out the resources to thoroughly launch an idea, let me know. And I will update you on my progress with Inventech. I believe in persistance. And the biggest risk is not taking one."

Rigon: You believe in what! It may be that you're persistent in procrastinating that's why you haven't gotten anything done and expect others to do the researching for you.

Risk: "I do believe in my projects. I will follow through to the best of my ability. If Inventech rips me off, I will be added to the statistics."

Rigon: ...(sigh)

Risk: "I will be honest with how it all went in detail. I will to the best of my ability find out other resources to better enable inventors to success."

Rigon: Why throw your money away then, if you want to, "better enable inventors to success", give them the money you're willing to throw away blindly. It's obvious that you are seriously contradicting yourself by saying, "I will follow through to the best of my ability.", yet not know the facts and claim that you don't care if you get scammed and on the same breath claim that you are making it better for inventors by learning from your idiocy... that's quite noble to some degree, but hey, It's your money.

Risk: "I'll let you know when I find out. I'll bet you if I don't get ripped off I will tell you who I am and what I invented. If I do I will also, in detail."

Rigon: If I was an Invent-Tech employee and got past the start-up level, usually ranging from $625 - $910, and succeeded the next level, ranging from $4,000 to $11,000, I would surely be asking you for a referral list of family and friends that think just like you. Believe me, I don't know what your ideas are, but I will say that Invent-Tech has already qualified you and just can't wait to let you know how unique and just brilliant your idea is. I hope that this is just a joke for your sake and if there are people out there who have had this kind of nonsense go through their mind you're better off giving it to charity and making better use of your money.

#15 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Thank you all for the WARNINGS.

AUTHOR: Risk - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, December 01, 2004
I've read everything. Yet I'm so full of ideas, I have got to take the risk. I'm desperate right now to get noticed for them. I don't care if it gets lost. I am yet to find out a legitimate source that yields results. Inventech is the only place that will work with me. ISC will not handle me anymore. Because I tried to submit an idea once and procrastinated to pay anything. If you do find out the resources to thoroughly launch an idea, let me know. And I will update you on my progress with Inventech. I believe in persistance. And the biggest risk is not taking one. I do believe in my projects. I will follow through to the best of my ability. If Inventech rips me off, I will be added to the statistics. I will be honest with how it all went in detail. I will to the best of my ability find out other resources to better enable inventors to success. I'll let you know when I find out. I'll bet you if I don't get ripped off I will tell you who I am and what I invented. If I do I will also, in detail.
Invent-Tech advertises on TV without once giving any indication that beyond calling for info on how to submit your idea, lies the trap of asking for outrageous amounts of money to actual go forward to get a patent. Their commercial makes it seem so very simple. Just call and everything you need to get started will be sent to you.

To Tammy, William and Valerie, obviously, the 3 of you have money to waste because there are more negative responses about Invent-Tech than there are positive ones. Yes, you are entitled to voice your opinion and/or support, but I am incline to believe that it is very possible you all work for Invent-Tech or may be getting paid to file good comments in their favor. I was suspicious of them even before calling, but after calling, before getting the material, I heard a negative report about them from a news cast that was doing a special report on them. This is what sent me to searching for more information. Guess what, I found this site. I merely wrote what I had heard from the news and finally, I was notified of the response from John, the ex-employee. The fact that the 3 of you ignored what John had to say about his own company, pushes me closer to the belief you all are benefitting from praising them, but as I said before, you are entitled to your opinions. Make sure you share with the rest of us exactly how much it ended up costing you and most of all, did your idea get patented.

Tammy,

If you went through the process I would surely like to see proof of what it is that you went through. Your comment came across rather sarcastically and as far as I'm concerned you're either working for Invent-Tech, affiliated with them or your just talking non-sense.

You're right about one thing, it does take money to make money, but when you have jokers like those who work for Invent-Tech who build up the hopes of people and are only looking for their hard earned money you just have to wonder why they make statements like, "...we just got through talking about your idea and our staff says it's promising.", "...everything is really looking good we'll need your $895 to get the process started immediately."

These are statments made from an Invent-Tech salesman to my brother 1 week after his idea was submitted to Invent-Tech. What was fishy about this whole thing was that when I researched my brother's idea on the internet four other companies were already making the same thing my brother was told was unique, patentable, and very unique.

There are many people who don't know how to use a computer or other resources to help them learn about con artists like Invent-Tech. Mind you, they are legitimate and run a legal operation, but the people behind all that have intentions of making their money off of those who don't know how to fight back.

When I finally convinced my brother about Invent-Tech he calls them and they give him this site to hopefully convince me that they are legit... hey Tammy, you want something to laugh at... look at what they have to say here www.invent-tech.com/fud

Their intentions are not to help anyone except themselves.

You smell fishy too Tammy...try backing your story up with positive results instead of childish satire.

why not report

AUTHOR: Valarie - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, October 12, 2004
before i sent any money to invent tech i called the bbb, the attn gen, and the district attn of dade county. there were no complaints from anyone. if i get scammed by anyone, everyone would know about it.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Kristina - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, October 05, 2004
To Tammy & Bill Hill:

First Tammy, I read your response regarding Invent-Tech and I am glad you are happy with them but did it ever accure to you you are the only one? Funny how they can charge different prices to people for the same service. That's illegal and is against Fedaeral Regulations, which overrides state. Yes it does cost money to make money, but you obviously didn't read the above message from a previous employee? Or maybe you just have $10,000 that they will soon be asking for? Regardless it would have been nice to know these figures before they made so many promises and took my front money. Unfortunatly I didn't have a refund policy on my contacted document, it didn't even have a date on it. Good luck with your invention.

To Bill Hill: Why you would go forward and dish out your money is beyond me, especially after reading the rebuttals above. Well have fun wasting your time & money and good luck to you too.

letter to be known

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, September 27, 2004
i bill hill have started a invention with invent tech . i have gotten all the stuff every ones saying but i will proceed with it all the way through .

hopefully they will do this right. but i like to read all the negs. just to let me know that my idea is still at a chance it could be stolen. i've submetted my idea and have paid the $910 they requested still waiting on the second fase of the patent portfolio.

i;m writing to share my findings as i go either good or bad. but you will get updates from me in the future. all i will say about my idea is it will revolutionalize.
the electronics of the world.

It Takes Money To Make Money!

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, August 22, 2004
I see all these comments here about the company taking money, and I laugh. Reason why is because if you expect to get your Idea out there then your gonna have to spend some money. I went through this whole process with them. There were no suprises. It was very straight forward. I needed to get a patent search done and I got it w/ a FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. So thers no risk, and I loved it, everything, my design, my product report, and the search.there also informed me about marketing in these trade shows before I paid for the patent search. I was very happy w/ there work. It seems to me that people are complaining b/c they dont want to spend money, well..... I hate to burst your buble, theres no free ride anywhere!!!

AUTHOR: Anthony - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, July 24, 2004
Thank you John, Marlena, and Kristina for your information. I have been talking with Invent Tech (a Richard Austin) for about a week and they went through the same process you said.

When they asked for money, I got a little suspicious so I researched the internet and found your responses. I don't think I would have given them the money anyways, but thanks for helping be sure!

I too am a victim of Invent-Tech

AUTHOR: Kristina - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, June 22, 2004
In regards to "John" the ex-employee, you couldn't have put it any better! I also have a complaint filed in here. Isn't there anything you can do as a former employee?

They never offered me my money back.

Thanks for coming forward, did you know Mark Gregory? He scamed me out of $657.

seems like you must use your smarts...

AUTHOR: Marlena - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, January 14, 2004
I sent Invent Tech the prelim info...drawing, etc. representative called me to tell me it was a "fabulous idea", ya-ya-ya. Basically, all the things that a person would want to hear in order to validate them and their idea. Called me back next day to tell me idea was accepted, and asked me if I talked to my family about it, etc. I'm a psychology major, so I knew that he was trying to once again get me excited by talking about who I've talked to, what they've said about idea, etc. Famous sales techniques here...

He then told me about artist they would hire, patent attorneys, marketing specialists, etc..who couldn't "work for free". 800-1400 would be the cost...I suppose he thought he'd get me for more money because of my "vested interest" since I already pulled family members and friends into discussions. He told me that they don't pick all inventions..only ones that are highly marketable and that would produce big money. Classic lines...I told him to send the info. on cd...

That night, I decided to do some checking on my own about proposed idea. I went to patent and trademark official site, and after some maneuvering, found a similar patent to device with the same use. I looked the guy up that held the patent and talked to him. He told me he wasn't pursuing because idea had serious legal implications in terms of possible liability. He had filed for patent 7 years ago. I confirmed info. with an attorney regarding liability. I immediately phoned Invent Tech (I believe it was Jake or something like that) to tell him that I was dropping it, and explained reasons. They involved people getting hurt, potential liability, etc. I could not believe that he told me to continue on anyway, and that I could file patent anyway if design was different (even if I wanted to, why would I given the info I had?). He then addressed legal implications simply by telling me that people would sue the manufacturer...not me, and so I had nothing to worry about!!! Does this sound like legitimate business stuff to you? I believe in karma...what you give, you get. I'd never craft something that I knew would possibly harm people, nor would I tell a hard-working person to fork their hard-earned dollars over to me out of the greed that I believe this company showcases. But more importantly, I would never give a dime to a company that acted in such a manner..with such blatant disregard for humanity and "the right thing".

See what information you can find out on your own...heck, even a library at the local library can help you out with some things...they love helping and searching...

Good luck...

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, November 19, 2003
As an ex-employee let me tell you how this really works.

Invent-Tech does not steal anyones ideas - that would be a ridiculous and pointless exercise. The vast majority of Invent-Tech's clients are dirt poor and would sell their idea for a few grand so, why bother stealing it if it was really going to make millions? That misunderstanding is the 'beauty' of the industry.

The client thinks that if Invent-tech was a scam; the scam would be to steal their idea and market it themselves. That is not the scam at all. The scam is to sell them a completely worthless 'marketing' campaign. It is done like this.

First, convince the inventor to part with their idea for a free 'market analysis' This is a meaningless document based on information anyone can get themselves off of the internet.

Second, convince the client they have a brilliant idea and tell them they need further research (this is $845 but can be dropped to $645 if the marketing director 'really likes the idea') Again this is a large, impressive but pointless portfolio document pulled together from generic information and including the major sales point - a nice artist drawn rendering of their idea.

Third, sell them the 'marketing' campaign - again a load of generic (but product modified) rubbish. E.g. a CD Rom, Webpage, Flyers, etc and the chance to go to trade shows. This is brilliant. Sure, the company goes to tradeshows but the products are not represented. How could they be? A potential manufacturer would have to sign a non-disclosure/non-compete document in order to look at a potential product and who would do that and risk legal problems if they already had a similar idea in development?

This 'marketing' costs from $8450 down to a bottom line drom of $3950.

Here is why the salesmen (New Project Director's) earn the big bucks.

The client signs everything away; including contracts stating that Invent-tech has never made anyone any money and that they basically have no chance of success. This is acheived by some pretty clever closing (some of which I am very proud of but feel kind of sick when I think about it) involving convincing the client that the reason for all the zeroes on the contract is that the work is sub-contracted to a licensing company (International Technology Transfer) - we didn't, of course, tell them that this was another division of Invent-tech!

Finally, if the client is not happy they can get their money back but only if they sign a Confidential Termination Request - this says that they may not talk to anyone about their experience or business with Invent-tech otherwise they will forfeit their moneyback guarantee. Of course, none of the clients can afford to lose the amount of money they have parted with so they sign this and can no longer take any recourse or they will be sued.

Brilliant, eh? Mr Peter Doran - who owns the company - but you will never find his name on any documents as he was banned from the Invention industry in court - has created a foolproof scam dancing around the courts and has no idea of business ethics. I admire him, but this business should really be shut down.

AUTHOR: Jeanette - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, August 23, 2003
I have heard about Invent-Tech on tv ads and have considered submitting a few ideas I have. This report from Tyrone is not the first indication, I heard of Invent-Tech not being ligitimate and up-front with all that is involved with a patent.

I heard a negative report surrounding this company on a news telecast. It was a story presented by their reporter that follows offers claiming to do certain things for the consumer. I am sorry I do not recall which news station it was. From what I can remember, the reporter stated that in the end the cost to patent an idea was close to $700 and of course, after submitting your idea to find out the expense involved,most people change their minds and forget about patenting their idea, but meanwhile, your idea is left in the hands of Invent-Tech. Can anyone comment on this further?

My suggestion to Invent-Tech would be to have a disclaimer or something similar stating what the company will and will not do before any consumer submits their idea. Most important, before I sub-mit my ideas, I would like to know if anyone in the company recalls the negative report from a news telecast a while back ?

Invent-Tech does not steal inventions

AUTHOR: Leslie - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, July 01, 2003
This letter responds to "Tyrone" of New Orleans
who stated the company stole his invention. We
checked our files, but could find no record
of him presenting his complaint to the company. If he had, it would have been resolved.

In any event, Tyrone is incorrect when he states the company "patented" his invention. The company has never offered patents as a service.

This service is usually performed by a patent attorney. Next, the company guarantees in writing that it does not not disclose, sell or transfer any submitted ideas. The company also makes all its employees sign confidentiality agreements. Therefore, the company is prohibited from taking any invention for its own use.

It is also impossible to patent, develop and market Tyrone's invention within his stated period of time. Patents can take years to obtain. Then, it takes a minimum of 6 months to locate an interested company. Once a company is located, it must manufacture the invention. Therefore, it is
impossible for all these things to occur 'as he was getting started' with the company.

Lastly, other than seeing his invention in a store (or something similar) Tyrone offers no
proof it was Invent-Tech which sold his idea or obtained a patent for his invention. If he has
proof, please bring it to my attention. Otherwise,
we can only assume that there is a similar product on the market. It should be noted that
numerous patents can be obtained on similar inventions.

I hope this letter sets the record straight.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair