X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Cindy — lenox Massachusetts
  • iyogi Internet USA

iyogi talked me into a contract when i was trying to call apple support for my iphone, accesed my computer with my tax returns and all my families social security numbers and birth dates there was a green dot next to tax return icon and believe they downloaded my information from my desktop Guraon India Guraon India

*UPDATE Employee: iYogi Technical Services

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

My i-phone died so i thought it was the battery and i called mad macs in pittsfield massachusetts and they said i would have to take it to the holyoke mall and also gave me a customer service number for Apple,  i called what i thought was apple tec and a support tec came on and said they can fix my i-phone and told me to connect it to the computer i told him my apple cables didnt work and i have a 3rd party charger with the plug attached, i was told to connect the i-phone to the computer with cables i knew didnt work and he said its working when i new it wasnt then he said to hold power button and home button and said see i fixed your i-phone.

then he said my computer is clogged thats why its running slow, so he talked my into getting a contract and hard drive, i kept saying no its too much money and they are fast talkers and said that i would have support for all my Apple divices. i kept saying this is a scam and he said no its not, i will fix your computer and the screen kept going black so i couldnt see what they were doing.

after that they has access to my computer by remote I remembered that my tax returns were on my desktop and there was a green dot next to the icon, i beleive they downloaded my tax information with me and my husband and childrens social security numbers and birth dates.

now im extremely concerened and i dont know why i let them talk me into this i beleive this is in deed a scam and now they can use my families social security numbers it open accounts and possibily take my and my childrens money from our bank accounts.

My husband died 3 months ago and i get his social security benefits and im also a disabled veteran and get veterans benefits. i have enought problems now with my husbands death now im so worried they will use my informstion for fraudulent accounts in my families name.

when i realized what a huge mistake i made it was to late they already have our information, and after it downloaded they were screaming and laughing and clapping i guess they were proud of themselves for scamming me. now sometimes i can hear them in background noise when im on my housephone.

I got myself into this mess on Saturday afternoon June 7 th 2014, at around midnight i tried to call them and cancel and the tec wouldnt do it and when i was on the phone with a tec someone elese from iyogi left a creepy message like they were angry i wanted to cancel service.

I called this morning and told then i want a complete refund and they said they would refund me for 171.00 for the hard drive and that they would take 150.00 off contract, they said i will have service for 1 year and i would get 6 months free, they refused to fully refund my all of my money.

they also put software on my computer so they can access it, there was also copy of my hard drive icon that said hard drive alias and i put that one in the trash.

the first person i spoke  with  name is M Jaya Krishna, the other person i didnt write his name down.

its bad enought my husband died and i have 4 small children who's information was stolen. Please help me and advise me on what to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2014 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/iyogi/internet/iyogi-talked-me-into-a-contract-when-i-was-trying-to-call-apple-support-for-my-iphone-ac-1153021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

iYogi Technical Services

AUTHOR: iYogi- Active Response Team - ()

POSTED: Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dear Lenox,

We would like to inform you that iYogi is one of the leading remote tech support providers in the World. We possess a BBB rating of A+ and serve more than 3 Million customers in 7 countries.

We would like to set the record staright here that iYogi does not indulge in any unethical business practices as you have mentioned in your comments. We provide remote tech support and we can only access the customer's computer when he or she authorizes us to do so.

We work on certain compliances and nobody over here in iYogi can access the customer's personal data. Morever the customer see's everything we do on his or her computer whilst talking to our techs on the phone. There is absoultely no chance of anyone from here to even think of stealing any information from the customers computer, let alone doing it. We have a zero tolerance towards anything of that sort. So your claim of we stealing info from your computer does not stand true and is not justified at all.

We would still like to help you with any pending computer concern. You can write back to us with your iYogi subscription details on iYogicare[at]iyogi[.]com and the needful would be done.

Regards,

ART

iYogi

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair